the delphic expanse

A Funny TnT thing I spotted in "Rajiin"

Discussion, story pimpage, and anything else relating to the TnT pairing.

A Funny TnT thing I spotted in "Rajiin"

Postby Brandyjane » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:24 pm

I felt like re-watching season three this summer, and I spotted something in "Rajiin" that I never noticed before. Near the beginning of the episode, T'Pol explains to Trip that she doesn't care if anyone is gossiping about them because they're both senior officers and they wouldn't be breaking any rules if they were engaging in a romantic relationship. Later, when Trip enters T'Pol's quarters after Rajiin's attack, there is a stack of three or four binders with the Starfleet logo out on one of her tables. I don't recall seeing those binders out in T'Pol's quarters any other time.

The conclusion I drew is that those binders contain Starfleet rules and regulations, and she took the binders out to make absolutely certain that she was right and that it would be - hypothetically, if she were so inclined - not against the rules for them to have a romantic relationship! :lol:
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

Re: A Funny TnT thing I spotted in "Rajiin"

Postby Kathy Rose » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Brandyjane wrote:
The conclusion I drew is that those binders contain Starfleet rules and regulations, and she took the binders out to make absolutely certain that she was right and that it would be - hypothetically, if she were so inclined - not against the rules for them to have a romantic relationship! :lol:

Well, that's a plot bunny if I ever heard one. *hint, hint*
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Verse Ranger » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 am

An interesting thought. Another thing that comes to mind is that the one person who has his bookshelves packed with those Starfleet binders is Trip. Maybe it's an indication of just how much time they are spending together, that he's leaving his stuff at her place?
Verse Ranger
Ensign

Postby Misplaced » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:02 am

Verse Ranger wrote:An interesting thought. Another thing that comes to mind is that the one person who has his bookshelves packed with those Starfleet binders is Trip. Maybe it's an indication of just how much time they are spending together, that he's leaving his stuff at her place?

This was my first thought, too. But both ideas work!
Misplaced

Postby Brandyjane » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 am

Verse Ranger wrote:An interesting thought. Another thing that comes to mind is that the one person who has his bookshelves packed with those Starfleet binders is Trip. Maybe it's an indication of just how much time they are spending together, that he's leaving his stuff at her place?

I like this idea, too!
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

Postby Jamieson » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Huh. Yep, I'll totally jump on that bandwagon :D
Jamieson
Ensign

Return to Trip and T'Pol (Het)