the delphic expanse

Season 5 what happened next?

Discussion, story pimpage, and anything else relating to the TnT pairing.

Season 5 what happened next?

Postby ShirKarn54 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Been reading a lot but just wondering what would happen after Terra prime?
your opinions are valued in this thread
say what you would have liked to see.
plz reply on ideas :?:
Last edited by ShirKarn54 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOYCE: A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on, and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
PIKE: What are we running here, a cadet ship, Number One? Are we ready or not?
ShirKarn54
Ensign

Re: Season 5 what happened next?

Postby Reanok » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:44 pm

If there had been a season 5 it would've shown the beginning of building starbases and the beginning of the Earth Romulan wars.I would've like to seen how Trip&T'Pol's relationship was handled in the series after the death of their daughter hopefully they finally got married.I'd like to have seen more of the changes that happened on Vulcan after they found the Kir'shara. More of Shran and the andorians.More stories with Enterprise and the Endesvour crew working together.
Reanok
Captain

Postby ShirKarn54 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:22 am

ok Reanok i like your thinking on this
i would probably liked to have seen first starbases, the proposed origins of the borg queen, and the genesis of the Romulan war.
there was also a proposed story that T'Pol's father was Romulan as along with a story of the Kzinti (TAS)
but yeah i would have loved to see more andorian/vulcan/coalition continuations
and YES more T/T'pl would be great.
hhmmm really entertained on what everyone would have liked the romulan war to start
buuutt this Is a t/tpl thread so during 2156- basically i would appreciate it if people could humour me on what they would have loved from the 2 ?
BOYCE: A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on, and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
ShirKarn54
Ensign

Postby Mr Smith » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:34 am

Malcolm would get laid. You know what would have been amazing? If he was distracted by a viable personal relationship just as they're slipping into the Romulan war and he needs to focus on his duties more than ever, that would have been such an awesome conflict for his character.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Reanok » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:23 am

I would've like to seen more of Malcolms past as a section 31 agent and some of the secret peeled away. I liked his relationship with Hoshi.
Reanok
Captain

Postby ShirKarn54 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:44 am

I would probably imagine Malcolm volunteering on a reconnaissance (suicide :doh ) mission
then again maybe taking over Jon as captain of the enterprise refit
and i would have liked to have seen the R/S relationship ;)
ShirKarn54
Ensign

Postby Skywalker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:43 pm

I actually like the basic plot that the novel writers came up with for The Good That Men Do--Trip being recruited by Section 31 to infiltrate Romulan space and sabotage their Warp Seven program--and in a Season Five that ignores TATV I'd still like to see that idea, minus the whole part about Trip's death being faked. Instead I'd say he willingly went along with it because Elizabeth's death has driven a wedge between him and T'Pol, and by doing this he can get away for a while and figure things out. I imagine it being a season-long storyline (combining the events of Kobayashi Maru), with Trip returning to Enterprise at the end of Season Five as the Romulan War officially begins. He and T'Pol reconcile when he returns, of course.

And maybe while Trip is gone, Shran can take over as Chief Engineer, and constantly complain about how slow and primitive the pinkskins' engines are. :P

I'd also liked to have seen more of Reed's own history with Section 31, maybe an episode where Harris informs Reed that an old partner of his (whom he'd thought was dead) was now working for the Romulans, and Reed going off to stop him, perhaps with Hoshi in tow.

Another idea I had was an episode set on the nearly-completed Starbase One, where Archer and the crew are touring the facility, which is hijacked by Orions (working for the Romulans), who threaten to blow up the station if Starfleet doesn't relinquish its claim on the star system, which is conveniently close to Romulan territory. Archer, T'Pol, and company have to free themselves and fight their way through the Orions to stop the station from being destroyed.

Essentially, Season Five should have been about building up the tension between Earth and Romulus, with Starfleet working feverishly to shore up its fleet (both building new ships and upgrading old ones), and Archer and the Enterprise crew continuing to patch up old grudges between the disparate members of the Coalition in order to present a united front against the Romulans.
Skywalker
Lieutenant

Postby ShirKarn54 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 am

Trip a section 31 agent ha no way at least thats my opinion but i like your thinking
also on the positive i entertain the idea for the malcolm and section 31 dead agent idea
but trip deserting t'pol...seriously i mean he only went to columbia because this thing between them wasnt working
but now i just dont see that happening
anyway on the tnt issue..
i probalbly would think that the 2 would remain on enterprise in year 5
but to make things clear i wouldnt separate these two for my own reasons.
;)
ShirKarn54
Ensign

Postby Glory1863 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:46 pm

ShirKarn54 wrote:buuutt this Is a t/tpl thread so during 2156- basically i would appreciate it if people could humour me on what they would have loved from the 2 ?

I'm a poor one to ask because I never did see Trip and T'Pol as a long-term, happily married couple based on how they behaved toward each other for 4 years. If their behavior had changed, I might have been persuaded. What would it have taken:

1. T'Pol needs to take some big strides toward figuring out who she is and what she wants in life. Her ping-ponging back and forth between wanting to be a good little Vulcan girl and wanting to mess with sex, drugs and rock and roll with a human isn't good for either one of them, physically, mentally or emotionally. Seeing her work this out could have been interesting. Except for an episode or two in the animated series, we didn't really see Spock make those kind of choices. By the time we met him, he had already decided to live as Vulcan, though not as the kind of Vulcan Sarak wanted him to be, and to live with the repercussions.

2. Trip needs to step up and really start communicating with T'Pol about what he thinks of her, how he feels about her and how he sees their future. Difficult conversations? Sure, and some of them would be just as difficult if they were with Hoshi or Natalie. Some say he's trying to be respectful of her Vulcan ways, but what he's doing is making assumptions about her without all the data and leaving her to do the same about him. Now that's really strange behavior in two people whose professional fields are data driven. They both need to know where they stand with each other. Is Trip afraid to get kicked in the head again? Maybe, but if something is really worthwhile, then the risk will always be bigger.

3. Trip needs to grow a backbone when it comes to T'Pol. One of the things she needs to know is where his lines in the sand are. Before he can tell her, he needs to figure that out for himself and mean it. No playing dead and running off to join Section 31. No giving up his looks, his name, his family, his friends, his home on Enterprise, a job he loves and his engines because he and his girl are on the outs again. The price is too damn high!
MR_Beautiful avatar by M&M (Mareel and Misplaced)
Glory1863
Captain

Postby ShirKarn54 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Glory1863 i totally agree with you and to me it is no surprise that i dont count enterprise relaunch as my idea of what happened next.
what i probably would have liked was the 2 settling with diferences and no vulcan logic axe on trip.
ShirKarn54
Ensign

Return to Trip and T'Pol (Het)