the delphic expanse

Favorite First Season TnT Moments

Discussion, story pimpage, and anything else relating to the TnT pairing.

Favorite First Season TnT Moment

Decon (Broken Bow)
11%
You Didn't Shoot Me Last Night? (Strange New World)
17%
Inexplicable Jealousy (Unexpected)
11%
Personal Discussion (Breaking the Ice)
44%
Other (Explain Below)
17%

Total votes : 18

Favorite First Season TnT Moments

Postby Honeybee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:56 am

Our polls didn't transfer from the old forum, so it's about time we did some new ones. This is inspired by the Rewatch Party!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Re: Favorite First Season TnT Moments

Postby bluetiger » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:55 pm

I know many don't care for the Decon scene, but I just love TnT having such a hostile confrontation in such an intimate setting. Sparks fly.
bluetiger

Postby Misplaced » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Yeah, I'm one of those crazies that even rewatching "Broken Bow" more than once with shipper glasses on, I still am not a fan of the decon scene. Now the confrontation on the bridge later -- that I love. :mrgreen:

My favorite first season moment, however, is in Breaking the Ice. I felt like it was the the beginning of real trust (however tiny) between the two. A foundation they would build on later in the third season.

Can I say that I'm grateful for these polls... they help me to know what to look for when I'm writing my Gender!Swap story. :lol:
Misplaced

Postby Aquarius » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:45 pm

It was a tough call. Decon was just so amazing that the only way it could be improved is if they were naked. For reals. You've got the chemistry, and you have the epitome of both male and female gorgeousness happening there. To die for.

But the inexplicable jealousy of "Unexpected" is just so awesome, too. Especially in the deleted scene--when she's screwing with him about the sausage thing.

Ultimately, though, I had to go with "You didn't shoot me last night...", just because it's so deliciously dysfunctional. True love means never having to say you're sorry for firing a particle weapon at your sweetie. :hearthead
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Mistress Euclid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Having recently watched "Unexpected" - my shippers glasses can explain T'Pol's attitude toward Trip's predicament in one way. :bluewhip
She wants to teach him a lesson. :twisted:
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Honeybee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:35 am

So, after watching "Breaking the Ice" for the rewatch, that's just a deliberately shippy episode. Subtle, but the way the ice melts between them is really cool - and the nice little moment they have at the end, when he realizes she's staying. Also, earlier, it's cool when she uses something Trip said to make Archer stop being so stubborn with Douche Vulcan II and ask for the guy's help.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby JiNX-01 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Acquisition: T'Pol wakes up to the sight of Trip in his royal blue undies. The difference between her reaction and mine is that I would have been :drool
JiNX-01
Lieutenant

Postby Reanok » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:19 pm

One of my favorite scenes from Civilization is when Trip says T'Pol and taps his ear in silent communication to tell her she needs to cover her ear with her long hair to disguise herself and the heated discussion they have near the end about rescuing Archer from the dangerous aliens and putting Enterrpise in danger
Reanok
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Sun May 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Someone in the rewatch thread pointed out, and correctly, that in Cold Front, TnT have a lot of silent interaction. They give each other looks and really appear to be working as a team. And they have a few conversations where they disagree, but they clearly respect each other. They are subtle but cool moments.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby JiNX-01 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Civilization: Trip alerts T'Pol to cover her ears with her hair.

Shuttlepod One: Not exactly a TnT moment, but I loved Trip's toast "to Subcommander T'Pol."

Acquisition: T'Pol wakes up to the sight of Trip in his royal blue undies. Hee.

Desert Crossing: When Archer and Trip are rescued, T'Pol takes care of Trip, giving him water.

Two Days and Two Nights: As he is leaving for Risa, Trip tells T'Pol he'll pick up a souvenir for her. Unfortunately, he didn't even come back with his pants.
JiNX-01
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Trip and T'Pol (Het)