the delphic expanse

Questions about Posting Fanfic

For the sake of clarity, we've moved new fanfic, introductions, solicitations and contests to this new forum!

Questions about Posting Fanfic

Postby Pippin » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:58 am

Hi everyone:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but here goes anyhow.

I haven't forgotten about anyone here, I've just had to deal with a lot of stuff physically and mentally. Bleargh.

Anyhow, I've been managed to keep slogging away, and as a result, both the rewritten Savior and its sequel (also rewritten from when it was first posted) Payment in Full, are almost ready to post. I've made changes, so call them the "Director's Cuts" if you will. (Stephen King did it for The Stand, and although I'm nowhere near Mr. King's league, I figure if he can ... :D )

But here's the rub. Recently my Muse (spoiled brat that he is) has been noodling at my brain, suggesting that I add a C-plot to both. Nothing major, just a minor addition that would explain a little bit of why and how Trip and T'Pol drifted apart so that Jon and Trip are able to get together.

Now as you all know, I do not regard the Abomination (aka TATV) as canon but insofar as possible, I have tried to stick to canon in both of these stories. So Trip/T'Pol drifting apart seems to be a viable outcome to me.

Also, although I've never been a Trip/T'Pol shipper, I believe strongly in live and let live. You sail your ship, I'll sail mine and we won't take potshots at each other. I don't want anyone thinking that's what I'm doing.

So. What should I do? What do you want me to do? Post only the first (new rewritten) version of each story? Only the second with the C-Plot? Or both versions? Or neither?

Please let me know what you think.

Comments, questions, etc. welcome.

Thanks muchly,

Pippin
Pippin
Lieutenant JG

Re: New Fanfic!

Postby Honeybee » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Well, we definitely want you to post your stories! I think - if I understand what you are saying - that you should post what you like and if that's regular and director's cut, that's fine. We've done that before. Also, I'm going to move this out of this thread because this one is just for new fanfic.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Posting Fanfic

Postby Frakme » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:05 am

I'd read it if you post it!
What I wouldn't give to have an Episode of Enterprise where Trip somehow manages to loses his uniform and gets covered in Nutella.

Aeryn: And you say you want to go back to that place of pain and suffering!
John: Well you guys don't have chocolate!
Frakme
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:17 am

Post 'em both! It'd be interesting to see the different takes.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Pippin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for not replying sooner but this time it wasn't my fault, really! I've been without internet since last Saturday and without my phone since last Sunday, all courtesy of a broken wire at the main switch 'box' at the end of the street. Finally was able to co-ordinate with Bell and get a technician. (That's when I found out about the broken wire). So now I have my services restored and I'm no longer incommunicado.

I think what I will do for now is post the rewritten story without the "C" plot, and then see how it goes. If I really feel strongly that this is something that should be explored, I'll either add it in or write it as a short story.

Again, thanks for your feedback.
Pippin
Lieutenant JG

Postby Frakme » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:00 am

Glad you're back... it's horrible being without 'phone and internet these days!
What I wouldn't give to have an Episode of Enterprise where Trip somehow manages to loses his uniform and gets covered in Nutella.

Aeryn: And you say you want to go back to that place of pain and suffering!
John: Well you guys don't have chocolate!
Frakme
Commander

Postby Hummingbird2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:37 pm

I apologize if this has been asked before, but are Transcript format stories permitted on the archive?
Icon by TwilightProwler.
Hummingbird2
Commander

Return to The Playground