the delphic expanse

Links to Holiday-themed stories and art!

For the sake of clarity, we've moved new fanfic, introductions, solicitations and contests to this new forum!

Holiday Art and Fic Suggestions

Postby bluetiger » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 pm

I hope this is alright. You all know how mushy I get at Christmas. Sorry, but my drabble became a short story!

Christmas Eve

The Tucker’s entered their home. T’Pol headed for the kitchen to make a cup of tea, while Trip and their daughter T’Resa went straight for the living room and plopped down in front of the Christmas tree.

“Did you have a good time at Uncle Jon and Aunt Hoshi’s party, Sweetpea?”

The Archer’s prided themselves on their annual Christmas Eve party. Jon and Hoshi liked to gather as many of the original Enterprise crew together as possible every year. However, this year, they used the party as an excuse to show off their new baby boy.

“Yes Daddy, I liked holding baby Jon very much. It made me think.”

“About what, Darlin’?”

T’Pol entered the room carrying her cup of tea and a requested cookie for T’Resa. She sat on the floor beside her daughter and handed her the treat.

T’Resa took a bite of her cookie and earnestly answered her father. “I think it is time that I have a brother or a sister.”

Trip and T’Pol locked eyes over their child’s head. They hadn’t intended to broach this subject until T’Pol was pregnant.

T’Pol shifted her gaze, seeming to find her cup of tea fascinating. When his wife didn’t speak, Trip realized it was up to him.

“Well Honey, it so happens that me and your mom are about to start taking the medicine that Doctor Phlox made for us. If all goes well, we should have our own new baby before next Christmas.”

“Must I wait that long?” T’Resa frowned. Gradually, her expression changed. Trip could swear that he saw a light bulb go off above her head. T’Pol merely raised an eyebrow at the obvious change in her child’s demeanor. Both parents knew something was coming. They simply had no idea what it would be.

“On the subject of waiting…I know that we open our gifts on Christmas morning, but it only seems fair that I be allowed to open one of my presents tonight, since I must wait so long for a baby. Grandfather Soval’s gift should be adequate compensation.”

Trip looked at his wife and raised his eyebrows in question. T’Pol sighed in resignation, handing their daughter the box with the red bow.

T’Pol addressed her beloved mate in a whisper. “Do not attempt to blame this on her Vulcan half…that was pure Tucker logic!”

T’Resa knew that Grandfather Soval would give her something good. She was not disappointed. T’Resa paused from playing with the new stuffed sehlat, which she immediately loved. “Daddy, if the baby is a boy can we name him Prince Humperdinck?”

Trip groaned, okay no more Princess Bride for a while. Suddenly inspiration struck him, “How about using that name for your new toy and we give the baby’s name a little more thought?”

When T’Resa gave a nod, Trip knew they had dodged a bullet, for now.

bluetiger

Re: Christmas-themed fanfic and fanart

Postby Reanok » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:44 pm

:cheering :hearteyes BlueTiger This is a wonderful Christmas story.I really like the artwork Of Trip&T'Pol with T'Resa and Jon&Hoshi's new Baby.Thanks for sharing your story and pictures with us.
Reanok
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 pm

:lol: :lol:

I love this one. Out of the mouth of babes...
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Awwwwww! That's amazing! Just wonderful.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Artisticmom2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Great stuff!!!!!
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Aquarius » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:27 pm

BT, you are amazing as usual! :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby bluetiger » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks, everyone.
bluetiger

Postby Kathy Rose » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:34 am

Very sweet. Loved T'Resa mixing a human child's desire, wanting to open a present early, with Vulcan logic explaining why she should be able to open one. :clap
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby tish » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 pm

bluetiger, you have an amazing gift, writing stories we can live ourselves ( one of our treasured family traditions is opening one present Christmas Eve!) AND bringing them to life with your exquisite art! You are sooo wonderful to share this with us!! :hugs :cheering
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby bluetiger » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:09 am

Kathy Rose and Tish, thank you for the kind words.
bluetiger

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground