the delphic expanse

What are you reading?

Discuss non Trek books and book series here.

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Frakme » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:50 am

Sounds like an interesting read, Kathy Rose. I did enjoy Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
I also have "Dawn of the Dreadfuls, Dreadfully Ever After, and Sense and Sensibility and Seamonsters - thought they are not by the same author.

I was reading "Mockingjay" only I appeared to have misplaced it somewhere. I'm sure it will turn up eventually.
What I wouldn't give to have an Episode of Enterprise where Trip somehow manages to loses his uniform and gets covered in Nutella.

Aeryn: And you say you want to go back to that place of pain and suffering!
John: Well you guys don't have chocolate!
Frakme
Commander

Postby Glory1863 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:30 am

I got Jeff Shaara's A Chain of Thunder, a novel about the seige of Vicksburg during the Civil War, for Christmas. I got a gift card to B&N as well. I see that I can preorder his next book on Chickamauga/Chattanooga and get one that has been autographed. Since I have all of his novels, I think that would be a good idea. :D
MR_Beautiful avatar by M&M (Mareel and Misplaced)
Glory1863
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:16 pm

I'm currently reading Lock In by John Scalzi. Anyone else in the middle of a book?
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm in the middle of The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch, third in the Gentleman Bastards series. I love these characters so much.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Artisticmom2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:28 pm

At present I have several going.... Starship Troopers by R. Heinlein, which I've read a half dozen times, Anna and the King by M. Landon, In The Company of Others by J. Karon, and The Butler Speaks by C. MacPherson. Yes, I don't focus well. ;)
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Artisticmom2 wrote:At present I have several going.... Starship Troopers by R. Heinlein, which I've read a half dozen times, Anna and the King by M. Landon, In The Company of Others by J. Karon, and The Butler Speaks by C. MacPherson. Yes, I don't focus well. ;)

I'm sometimes like that too, though it's limited to non-fiction. (I never read more than one fiction novel at a time, but I'll have a half dozen non-fiction books going at the same time.) Right now, those titles are "The Black Count: Glory, Revolution, Betrayal, and the Real Count of Monte Cristo", one on Henry VIII that I can't remember the title of, "Coldfusion 9: Application Development" (there's a page turner) and a book on forensic anthropology.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:02 am

New book! I'm currently reading All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Finished All The Light We Cannot See a while ago and OMG that's a beautifully written novel. Read. It.

Finished two books in a row after that: Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin (yeah, I want to read most of the books before I see any of the series) and Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.

Now I'm reading Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I'm having a hard time putting this down enough to sleep. I read half in just one sitting!
EntAllat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Book Talk