the delphic expanse

Delicious Dysfuction: Archer, Sato and the MU

By popular demand, discuss the captain and his communications officer here. MU? RU? It's all good.

Delicious Dysfuction: Archer, Sato and the MU

Postby Honeybee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:57 am

I was one of many people who was utterly delighted that Archer and Sato were paired off in the MU, as twisted as it was.

One of the things I love about the episode was that SB played Archer as sincerely and truly in love with Hoshi, and that of course proves to be his Achilles heel. He doesn't kill Forrest when he should, and then later, well, we all know what happened.

And Hoshi, who turns out to be the black widow, certainly appears to be - ahem - enjoying Archer's company in IAMD, Part 2.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Re: Delicious Dysfuction: Archer, Sato and the MU

Postby Artisticmom2 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:37 pm

She is such the black widow in IAMD, part 2. It was nice to see her in such a strong role but a shame that she killed Archer off as it could have had so much more potential. She could have ruled from behind and we could have enjoyed the shippiness! I suppose we will have to all live vicariously through fan fic for that. :D
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 pm

The way I look at it, if they had done some more MU episodes, which they planned, they would have had to have Archer in them somehow. So, maybe he wasn't as dead as he looked there at the end! When I wrote my (non-Archer/Sato) MU tale, Hoshi actually kept him alive to screw with him (literally). Mistress Euclid has TnT rescuing him in her story. And in the profic, I believe he shows up as a clone. So, there's plenty of wiggle room there.

Of course, when I wrote my story Archer was rather furious with her, so I didn't pursue the romance. But, a good writer could spin a "what's a little attempted murder between lovers" story that reunited them. :twisted:
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Misplaced » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:12 pm

I did just that in my AU MU, "Reflections." But then, her murder attempt had been more like the one that happened in IaMD1--a little half-hearted. ;)

Honestly, I think that she might not have poisoned him in IaMD2 if he hadn't gotten a bit crazy. But he was a fool when it came to her too, and perhaps Hoshi didn't like being underestimated. ;) In my AU MU, Archer is no slouch (especially in the sequel, "Dark Echoes") when it comes to Hoshi. And though they are not nice in my story (Trip & T'Pol hold the "hero" roles), I do rather like the dynamic that's building between them.

I will say, speaking of MU Archer...that I so enjoyed Kathy Rose's "Familiar Strangers" and I will always be sad that Hoshi never took advantage of being stuck in the Captain's cabin. :twisted:
Misplaced

Postby Honeybee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 pm

I will say, speaking of MU Archer...that I so enjoyed Kathy Rose's "Familiar Strangers" and I will always be sad that Hoshi never took advantage of being stuck in the Captain's cabin. :twisted:

Right there with you! Kathy Rose's competently evil Archer was waaaaay sexy. :drool
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Misplaced » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Yes, he was so deliciously bad and crazy-shrewd. While I rooted for Hoshi to get back to our universe, I still hoped that she might try a romp in the hay before she left. He was so damn sexy! LOL
Misplaced

Postby Mistress Euclid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Naturally, when I went to write an MU story, I wanted to go with my OT3, AT&T, but I couldn't ignore just how crazy about Hoshi Archer appeared to be in IAMD, so I really had a good time exploring that. So much so, that I was tempted to make the endgame an OT4 but thought the better of it. But still, there are multiple timelines in every universe…
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Kathy Rose » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Thank you, Misplaced and Honeybee, for the comments about Familiar Strangers. I'm still surprised that so many people liked that story so much. And now you've given me another plot bunny. What if MU Archer from that story came looking for our Hoshi in the RU in a sequel? *runs off screaming, because I'm still working on a prequel to Shield, and doesn't do well working on two stories at once*

I always thought that MU Hoshi could have made a go of it with MU Archer -- if he hadn't taken a trip to the crazy side. I also always thought that MU Hoshi genuinely cared about MU Forrest, and when Archer went off the deep end, she took a certain amount of satisfaction in getting rid of him after Forrest was gone. And then I wonder -- did Archer only want Hoshi because she'd been Forrest's "captain's woman," and he saw her as one of the perks of being captain? Then I tell myself, "Stop overanalyzing!" :lol:
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Oh, I've always thought that Forrest's death was the thing that pushed MU Hoshi into black widow land. MU Archer may have loved her, but she loved Forrest. Or, perhaps she loved the security and protection that Forrest offered her. All she wanted was to go back to Brazil and teach and be with Forrest on the weekends. He represented security and safety, in a world that was very dangerous. And I'm sure that she blamed Archer for his death, even though Archer didn't directly kill him.

And now you've given me another plot bunny. What if MU Archer from that story came looking for our Hoshi in the RU in a sequel? *runs off screaming, because I'm still working on a prequel to Shield, and doesn't do well working on two stories at once*

:stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke :waveit Yeeeeeees! Please! No pressure. ;)
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Misplaced » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Kathy Rose wrote:And now you've given me another plot bunny. What if MU Archer from that story came looking for our Hoshi in the RU in a sequel? *runs off screaming, because I'm still working on a prequel to Shield, and doesn't do well working on two stories at once*

YES!!!!! :cheering :cheering :cheering :cheering

I can wait until you're done with the prequel, but dang girl, you *have* to write that story now!
Misplaced

Next

Return to Archer and Sato (Het)