the delphic expanse

Archer and Sato

By popular demand, discuss the captain and his communications officer here. MU? RU? It's all good.

Re: Archer and Sato

Postby panyasan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:26 pm

A long time ago I joined a group of writers who wrote a story in a round robin fashion. The story was never finished and a couple weeks ago, the question was raised if the old writers should. I volunteerd to write the next chapter. The story isn't Archer/Sato at all, but this chapter is mostly from Hoshi's POV and I noticed I wrote a lot of interaction between Jon and Hoshi. Mmm... definitely some chemistry between those two. Where did that came from? I blame it all on the great influence of those lovely A/S writers! :surprisehug It's all your fault! :lol:
panyasan
Commander

Postby Artisticmom2 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 pm

SO I have had a dry spell recently and started rewatching Enterprise to mine it for potential A/S plot bunnies...

So I have a question for you... What episode to you go to when you think of a Jon and Hoshi hook-up, and why?
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Kathy Rose » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Artisticmom2 wrote:SO I have had a dry spell recently and started rewatching Enterprise to mine it for potential A/S plot bunnies...

So I have a question for you... What episode to you go to when you think of a Jon and Hoshi hook-up, and why?

There are two:

The first is Broken Bow, with Jon cajoling Hoshi to join Enterprise ahead of schedule by tempting her with the Klingon language.

The other is a deleted scene, unfortunately, from the last episode of Season 2, The Expanse. It's included in the CD set if you have that. If not, a brief summary is that Enterprise is getting ready to leave Earth and head for the Expanse in search of whoever attacked Earth. The crew members have been given the option of staying with the ship or requesting another assignment. Jon (for no reason that's explained) goes to Hoshi's quarters and finds her packing. He assumes she's leaving the ship; she's just packing up some of her old stuff to send to her parents so she can have more space for new stuff. Very cute, with Jon thinking she's leaving and she not realizing that's what he's thinking. I'll send you a PM with the dialogue.
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Brandyjane » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:12 am

1. "Broken Bow" - They're just too comfortable together in Brazil for me to think they didn't know each other socially. They're really kind of flirty. Hoshi in particular doesn't act the way I would think a young ensign would act around a captain unless they knew each other on a more personal level.

2. "Fight or Flight" - When Hoshi goes to see Jon about changing her quarters, he acts so professional about it, but I always got the impression that Hoshi was confused or disappointed by the time she left his ready room. I think she expected that they would have a different sort of relationship - not necessarily romantic, just friendly - but Jon was being the Captain.

After the first two episodes of season one, I didn't really see anything between them for a long time - not until maybe season three. I really suspect that Archer/Sato was toyed with as at least a possibility right at the beginning, but then abandoned in favor of Reed/Sato with episodes like "Silent Enemy" and the whole pineapple cake bit.
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

Postby Hummingbird2 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:11 am

Fic rec time! ;)

The Benefits of Sharing by Matilda7 http://lingdata.eclipsingmoon.net/fanfic/benefitsofsharingthe.html.

Absolutely delightful! :hearteyes
Icon by TwilightProwler.
Hummingbird2
Commander

Postby Misplaced » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:44 pm

:hearthead

Awwwww! What a delightful read! Thank you for the recommendation! :hugs
Misplaced

Postby Hummingbird2 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:44 am

You're very welcome, Misplaced. :D
Icon by TwilightProwler.
Hummingbird2
Commander

Postby Artisticmom2 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Here's one I just came across... it is not strickly A/S but there is some nice A/S potential in there and it has the added benefit of being funny!

A Holiday Shift
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Kathy Rose » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 pm

I was just watching some episodes because, like, it's Christmas Eve and it seemed like a good time for an Enterprise marathon. :) So, I realized something I hadn't noticed before, which could be a potential plot bunny for an A/S fic.

Over the course of the series, we've learned that most of the senior officers have their quarters on B deck. The captain's cabin, however, is on E deck. I was watching Fight or Flight when Hoshi tells Jon that she wants to trade cabins with another crewman, switching from her quarters on E deck starboard side to one on the port side, because "the stars are going the wrong way." In Shockwave, we find out she's on C deck. So apparently the cabin change involved decks as well as which side of the ship she was on.

Jon and Hoshi both had quarters on E deck to start with?!?! My first thought was that, yes, maybe Jon and Hoshi did have a prior relationship before the launch of the ship, and Hoshi's request to move may also have had something to do with a change in that relationship.
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Brandyjane » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:27 am

Good catch, Kathy Rose! I never would have put that together about the decks. I've always said there's something up with those two in the first couple of episodes, though.
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Archer and Sato (Het)