the delphic expanse

SOLVED: TECH UPDATE: Dump your cookies, cache and restart

Report Bugs and make suggestions here.

SOLVED: TECH UPDATE: Dump your cookies, cache and restart

Postby Honeybee » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:45 pm

We think we've fixed the tech problems, but in order for you to get rid of them, you'll need to dump your cache and your cookies and restart. It will probably work to restart your browser, but I went whole hog and restarted my machine.

Both my Safari and Firefox appear error free now!

edited to add: other people are reporting issues. So, we're still working on this. But right now, emptying your cache, cookies and restarting is still a great idea!

edited to add again: We think we've found the fix! But, problems might persist if your cache and cookies predate it - so definitely clear out everything!

:cheering :cheering Thanks for your patience, everyone!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Re: TECH UPDATE: Dump your cookies, cache and restart

Postby Honeybee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:33 pm

UPDATE:

Some people, on some browsers are still having trouble. What happens is they try and log in, but they keep getting the login screen and sort of go in a perpetual loop like this. And, even if it is solved once, the problem seems to come back.

This happens to me on the Safari browser. Each time, I've fixed it, by going in and manually removing the cookies (not just dumping the history) and restarting the browser.

I'm trying to figure out a long term fix, but try that, even if the problem just surfaced. It IS a problem with the cookies but I'm just not sure why it keeps coming back on certain browsers.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Re: TECH UPDATE: Dump your cookies, cache and restart

Postby Honeybee » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:07 pm

It looks like this one goes in the solved column people! Everyone who was having issues reports they are gone!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Return to Forum Issues