Forum Suggestion Box

Report Bugs and make suggestions here.

Re: Forum Suggestion Box

Postby Misplaced » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Aw! Thanks so much. :hugs
Misplaced

Postby Honeybee » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:14 am

I think I've got quick reply turned on everywhere! If you see a forum that doesn't have it, just let me know! :mrgreen:
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby paulinem » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Um, I was just wondering...

Is there any chance of getting a chat function set up on the forum again like we had on the old site? I only ask because I see a few people in today and thought it would have been nice just to shoot the breeze, so to speak.

Ta! :D

Enterprise S5 Website
The continuing adventures of a show that ended too soon...
paulinem
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Good question. We've been using www.tinychat.com/thedelphicexpanse because we ran into some technical problems. But it would be better if the old style one was around. We'll look into it.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby paulinem » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Thank you!

Enterprise S5 Website
paulinem
Captain

Postby Aquarius » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:47 am

Just to let you know, I had pretty much shelved the idea of attaching a chat room to the forum itself for a few reasons, not the least of which is that going in and mucking with code and having it maybe work/maybe not just seemed unnecessary once EntAllat made the TinyChat room for us.

If the TinyChat room is proving insufficient, then I'll reexamine the possibility of putting a chat room here, but other things are having to come first. I need to finish off the art gallery and get that going, and my fall semester starts on Wednesday, so homework, existing site duties, and my own writing are going to be my priorities, because we already have a working chat room, it's just off site.

And, I don't think it would be a problem if you guys used the TinyChat room whenever you wanted, so long as there wasn't something already scheduled going on.

Fair enough?
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby paulinem » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:45 pm

That's cool! I'm happy with tinychat, it's just how to get peoples attention to come and shoot the breeze. :D

Enterprise S5 Website
paulinem
Captain

Postby Mr Smith » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Maybe we could just have a thread somewhere where people can come in and say: "I'm online and in chat if anyone else is here" whenever they have a few spare minutes or hours. Not the most efficient, but certainly a way to let each other know we're around to just chat.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby THE Rigil Kent » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:51 am

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, but I figured this would be a good place for it. I noticed that in some of the more active sections, we have threads that are more than 100 pages in length. This particular forum software might have fixed it, but I know many forums start to choke and run slower when you have immense threads that long or longer. Have you considered closing threads when they reach 100 pages and starting new ones?
None of us are virgins; life has screwed us all. -

Sig by Chrisis1033.

THE Rigil Kent
Lt. Commander

Postby EntAllat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 pm

THE Rigil Kent wrote:I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, but I figured this would be a good place for it. I noticed that in some of the more active sections, we have threads that are more than 100 pages in length. This particular forum software might have fixed it, but I know many forums start to choke and run slower when you have immense threads that long or longer. Have you considered closing threads when they reach 100 pages and starting new ones?

I hadn't thought of that. It would depend on how the new phpbb database app is structured whether this would show up as a problem for us, but it's a good idea to consider. Thanks for mentioning it.
EntAllat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Issues