the delphic expanse

SURVEY!! When is the best time for a rewatch?

Moderator: EntAllat

SURVEY!! When is the best time for a rewatch?

Postby Aquarius » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:40 pm

I was going to try to do this on Doodle, but with 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week, I was going to have to create a poll with 168 options. That ain't happening.

So here's what I'd like you to do. Sometime between now and January 1, please post to this thread and let me know when you can come.

Please list your times EST with your local time conversion.

This way we can kind of figure out what's going on regionally, if we need to set one up to accommodate folks on another continent or coast, etc.

Please pick times and days you know you'll mostly be able to come. We don't want to set it up then have hardly anyone be there.

Please limit your responses to the 3-5 best times for you to come.

After the 1st, I will lock this thread, and figure it out from there.

Any questions? Hit me up.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: SURVEY!! When is the best time for a rewatch?

Postby tish » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Monday and Wednesday 8 PM EST, 7 PM CST
Monday and Wednesday 9 PM EST, 8 PM CST
Tuesday and Thursday 9 PM EST 8 PM CST

These are the most consistent times for me. Weekends are too hectic to set a steady time, but i would show up whenever i could it that is best for most others.
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Would it be possible to extend that deadline a day or two to the 3rd or 4th? I'm not going to know my schedule for certain (or, at least as much as my weird-a schedule can be certain) until I'm back from the holidays, and that won't be until the 3rd of January.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Sure.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby asearcher » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Currently, on most days 8 pm EST (meaning at 10 after as we've always done) works, but that depends on what's going in in life that week. Things seems to move around a bit. Earlier is sometimes possible and occasionally later (but that's iffy.) Like I say...I'll try as much as possible to meet whatever schedule is determined. Love the rewatches. Multiple times even. :D
Last edited by asearcher on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H'Len

I'm a BLONDE Vulcan...I'm MOSTLY logical.
asearcher
Lt. Commander

Postby Kylah618 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Anytime after 8 EST works best for me. Eight on the dot can be a bit tricky if The Boy doesn't want to go to bed on time, but he's usually at least in bed by then.
Malcolm: The radio! Or is it just the galaxy, giggling at us again?
Trip: It can giggle all it wants. But the galaxy's not gettin' any of our burbon!
Kylah618
Lt. Commander

Postby EntAllat » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:16 am

After asking you to go to the trouble of extending the deadline, now I'm fairly certain of my availability after all. Sorry about that.

Monday and Friday nights are a no go for me. Tuesdays are okay, but only after 7pm CST (8pm EST). Wednesdays and Thursdays are generally good, basically any time of the evening, as early as 5pm CDT (6pm EST) and as late as 10pm CDT (11pm EST).

(Just an FYI, this will hold true until about late-February when my evening schedule is likely to change again - i.e. Monday night events might shift to another night. I'll keep coming to rewatches as long as I can, and then I might be absent for a 4 or 6 week stretch if my new schedule conflicts with it.)
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:28 pm

We can always revote after a month or so.

Or, we can even go back to the old way and moving it around here and there -- ie, as soon as we finish one rewatch, asking, "What night is good next week?"

Personally I feel one regular night is usually better -- you always know when it is (in theory) and can plan on it, the same as you'd plan a regular poker night or whatever. But for some people, that doesn't seem to be the case; for four months we've been doing it pretty much on the same night at the same time and people still forget/can't make it/whatever.

So I'll still be taking input for the next couple of days. Just a heads-up: Wednesdays and Thursdays are an automatic no for me, since one night I have class and the other I'm working.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby lfvoy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Tuesdays and Thursdays after 7:00 p.m. should be fine for me. Assuming I can ever get tinychat to work for me again.
Bridge looks a lot different from here. Think anyone would mind if I fired a torpedo? -Travis Mayweather, "Cold Front"
lfvoy
Commander

Postby Aquarius » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:51 pm

lfvoy -- have you tried it in a different browser? If so, then maybe we need to open a thread elsewhere so we can troubleshoot.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Next

Return to 2011 Rewatch Party