Moderator: EntAllat

(2X14) Stigma

Postby Honeybee » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Discuss Stigma here...
Honeybee
Site Admin

Re: (2X14) Stigma

Postby Hummingbird2 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:39 am

Well, I really wish that they had kept the deleted scene...

I really liked that Jon went to bat for T'Pol. It shows how their relationship has progressed from being somewhat antagonistic to friendship (or more, if you see this as an Archer/T'Pol episode. Which is fine with me, by the way).

I found the B-story rather amusing ('nuff said :lol: ).
Icon by TwilightProwler.
Hummingbird2
Commander

Postby Aquarius » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:57 am

Honeybee and I talked about the deleted scene last night. I like it because it contains some wholesome 'shippery goodness for A/T''Pers. It also shows how long T'Pol and Jon have come, especially in terms of T'Pol understanding how Jon's mind works, and *caring* about him.

And the general awesomeness of the episode is that regardless if you see Jon and T'Pol as friends or lovers, it's just so full of win the way he fights so hard for her.

I also love how much Jon's been rubbing off on her -- she wasn't going to let her homeboy go down without a fight.

Forgot how much I love this episode until I saw it again.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:03 am

Spending the morning standing around and waiting (but getting paid for it) so I'm going to see how well posting works from my phone ...

One thing I loved about this ehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kart_racingpisode is how both the A and B stories are essentially about social norms and how we associate morality with the way we're intimate with others. Though the B story is played for laughs, and both Denobulans are amused by the Trip's refusal/reaction (and, while uncomfortable, he deals with it positively) it does point out that the Denobulans don't associate sex with morality or their marriage customs - and most Humans do.
Since the A story has a strong element of commentary on AIDS and homophobia, it's a great B story to go along with that.

I love Jon's bull-in-the-china-shop (I think Honeybee put it that way) personality coming out here. It's one of those traits that can be both a failing AND a virtue. Here it has the ultimate effect of making T'Pol feel more confident and supported in her principled position, as well as empowered: she's eager to take action to defend Yuris in the end.

More later. My finger is tired on this tiny keyboard. :)
EntAllat
Site Admin

Return to 2011 Rewatch Party