the delphic expanse

Revolution

From Doctor Who to Mad Men, discuss the shows, pimp the fics and have some fun.

Revolution

Postby Honeybee » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:00 pm

I generally don't get my hopes up at new Sci Fi shows, but Revolution looks pretty darn good:

http://screenrant.com/revolution-tv-sho ... bf-171686/
Honeybee
Site Admin

Re: Revolution

Postby Misplaced » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah, I saw this a while ago. I'm definitely excited about it.
Misplaced

Postby Artisticmom2 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 pm

ooohhh... that looks good! Hopefully it will last longer then Terra Nova or Firefly did.
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Mr Smith » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 am

This looks awesome! And I highly approve of the VAST soundtrack, I hope they use it in the series itself.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Since it's a JJ Abrahams show, maybe it will be given a chance that Terra Nova and Firefly wasn't!

And speaking of Firefly, maybe, just maybe now that he's Hollywood's darling, Joss Whedon will bring back a new Firefly series. They can't reconstitute the old cast, but a new series in that universe al la TNG would be awesome.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Artisticmom2 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Honeybee wrote: They can't reconstitute the old cast, but a new series in that universe al la TNG would be awesome.

Ahhh... but if they could... it would be so nice to see Nathan Fillion back in that role! :D
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:56 pm

I've been watching this now (via dvds off of Netflix but you can watch it on Hulu as well) and I'm really starting to like this show.

It's a little hard to get into at first - some of the characters need a little smoothing out in those first few episodes, but it picks up fast. The bad guys are incredible. (I really don't know whether to like, feel sorry for or deeply hate Tom Neville, and Monroe is freakin' _messed up_ in this first season.) By the time you're two-thirds of the way into the first season it's really rocking.

There's also the major premise (all the power goes out and electricity no longer works) to get past at first. (I avoided the show at first since it sounded silly.) But there's a character who's as bewildered by it as the audience might be and verbalizes how it just makes no sense according to the laws of physics. The show's eventual choice of explanation, slowly revealed, is nice. I didn't see it coming.

And now today, I just found out that Steven Culp (aka Enterprise's Major Hayes) has a current recurring guest part on the show.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby jespah » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:23 am

Culp has been in 11 (?) episodes and is slated for at least 1 more.

Here's a short interview -
http://steven-culp.com/tv-series/revolu ... vealed.mp4
The video mentions episodes but who knows how it'll be cut by editors? Anyway, he should probably be listed as a regular already.
jespah
Commander

Return to Other TV and Movies