the delphic expanse

Star Trek Into Darkness -- SPOILER DISCUSSION

Like other Trek shows? Working on a crossover? Post here.

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness -- SPOILER DISCUSSION

Postby Glory1863 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 am

If you're looking to buy the DVD, Kathy Rose, and you have a Barnes & Noble by you, then you might want to check there. They're having a sale (40% to 50% off) through the first part of November on a large selection of DVDs. I don't know if Star Trek: Into Darkness is one of them (I wasn't looking for it), but you could check on the website or say "to heck with it" and just browse in the store anyway. Amongst other things, I got me Casablanca in case Trip would like to come over. ;)
MR_Beautiful avatar by M&M (Mareel and Misplaced)
Glory1863
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Sat May 24, 2014 10:09 pm

This is now on Netflix. I watched it last night.

Even on the small screen, BC steals every scene he's in as Khan. I read a review that said that Martin Freedman should be commended for not letting him do that in every episode of Sherlock.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby bluetiger » Sun May 25, 2014 12:45 am

I watched it yesterday as well. I have said this before, but as a fanfic writer, I can't complain about the reworking of the Khan story. I mean, isn't that what we all do. We take our favorite story and 'what if' it.

The wonderful thing about Martin is that he totally holds his own with BC. I think he is the perfect Watson.
bluetiger

Postby Honeybee » Sun May 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Oh, yeah...I think it's ridiculous to complain about revamping, updating and evolving stories in a reboot. I only wished there was some hope for Khan's redemption because he is such a fascinating character. Also, I did miss the idea of him falling in love which made the initial TOS episode really great. But then again, they did not kill him off so there is hope for a sequel.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Other Trek