the delphic expanse

RIP Leonard Nimoy

The place to chat about whatever. Come and get to know your fellow fans.

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Postby bluetiger » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:30 pm

So sad to hear this. He was a multi-talented man. I'm so happy that he came back to play Spock one last time for us.
bluetiger

Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Postby EntAllat » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:40 pm

A part of my youth just died as well.

I was lucky enough to see him twice in person - once on stage in Houston in the early 90's with William Shatner. They were hysterically funny together on stage, and so obviously good friends, having a good time. Nimoy was as kind as Shatner could be feisty. What a pair.

The second time was in Las Vegas, and he came to support Zachary Quinto who would some months after that convention, be seen as a Spock in the reboot film. It was like grandfather and grandson on stage.

Aye, I'll miss him. Spock's now giving Dr. McCoy and Scotty the eyebrow while Gene and Majel look on. *sniff*
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Reanok » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm sad to hear Leonard Nimoy has passed away.I grew up watching the original Star Trek and it's one of my favorite Star trek tv series. I was so glad he appeared in the original Tos movies and the new trek movies too.
Reanok
Captain

Postby Artisticmom2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:09 pm

My brother called to tell me the news as I rarely turn it on. From his tone of voice I thought he was getting ready to tell me of the passing of a family member..... and then I realized he was. We grew up watching this show on endless reruns and marathons. We practiced the raised eyebrow, hand gestures, and the Vulcan neck pinch. I am saddened, but Nimoy lived a full life.

Peace and long life.
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby HopefulNebula » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 am

Spock was always my favorite.

I never met Mr. Nimoy but I'll miss him anyway, he always seemed to me like the kind of person who made things better just by being part of them.
HopefulNebula
Lt. Commander

Postby Frakme » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:54 pm

He definitely lived long and prospered!

RIP Leonard, you will be sorely missed.
What I wouldn't give to have an Episode of Enterprise where Trip somehow manages to loses his uniform and gets covered in Nutella.

Aeryn: And you say you want to go back to that place of pain and suffering!
John: Well you guys don't have chocolate!
Frakme
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:54 am

Artisticmom2 wrote:My brother called to tell me the news as I rarely turn it on. From his tone of voice I thought he was getting ready to tell me of the passing of a family member..... and then I realized he was.

This.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Verse Ranger » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:45 am

EntAllat wrote:
Artisticmom2 wrote:My brother called to tell me the news as I rarely turn it on. From his tone of voice I thought he was getting ready to tell me of the passing of a family member..... and then I realized he was.

This.

Agreed.
Verse Ranger
Ensign

Postby lfvoy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:24 pm

This appeared near me this weekend. (For those who know Atlanta: it's on South Atlanta Road just inside the Perimeter.)

I couldn't have done it better.
Bridge looks a lot different from here. Think anyone would mind if I fired a torpedo? -Travis Mayweather, "Cold Front"
lfvoy
Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:21 pm

lfvoy, that's beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.

Leonard Nimoys's passing is sad, but he lived a very full life. The many and varied tributes have been wonderful. I hope he realized what an impact he had and that the tributes give his family some comfort.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Social Space