the delphic expanse

Fan Vid Workshop Reboot

Learn to make fanvids here!

Fan Vid Workshop Reboot

Postby EntAllat » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:05 pm

I promise I haven't forgotten about the video workshop, folks. However, it looks like I picked a really bad time to begin it, right before the crush of Thanksgiving, final exams for some and then the winter holidays. It languished. So, I'm going to get the workshop in gear again but not until after the currently-in-progress Smut Workshop winds down. I'm assuming that will be sometime in March, maybe April?

In the meantime, I'm going to start posting links to good vids to the fanvid thread in this forum (and encouraging anyone else to do the same) and I'd suggest reviewing the existing posts on what you need for software etc. in order to participate. I'll also add some more links online tutorials and some recommended books. Then we'll get started later this Spring with a 6-week 6-exercise lesson that should take you from nothing to your first fanvid.

There's also an Exercise #1 already posted that everyone is welcome to do at anytime (it's super easy) so that you at least get familiar with the feel of how well your computer handles the video software, importing and exporting a file.

Editing this only as a test...
EntAllat
Site Admin

Re: Fan Vid Workshop Reboot

Postby EntAllat » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:37 pm

EntAllat wrote:I promise I haven't forgotten about the video workshop, folks. However, it looks like I picked a really bad time to begin it, right before the crush of Thanksgiving, final exams for some and then the winter holidays. It languished. So, I'm going to get the workshop in gear again but not until after the currently-in-progress Smut Workshop winds down. I'm assuming that will be sometime in March, maybe April?

In the meantime, I'm going to start posting links to good vids to the fanvid thread in this forum (and encouraging anyone else to do the same) and I'd suggest reviewing the existing posts on what you need for software etc. in order to participate. I'll also add some more links online tutorials and some recommended books. Then we'll get started later this Spring with a 6-week 6-exercise lesson that should take you from nothing to your first fanvid.

There's also an Exercise #1 already posted that everyone is welcome to do at anytime (it's super easy) so that you at least get familiar with the feel of how well your computer handles the video software, importing and exporting a file.

Editing this only as a test...

An update for anyone interested in this workshop:

The other writing workshop is still going strong and will for a while. In the meantime, my RL has filled up with several major events (work and personal, all good) right through to mid-June with the possibility of something else coming up shortly afterward. Given that, I'm not going to run this video workshop this Spring at all.

If there's interest later this summer or next Fall -- and I'm available to run it -- then I'll reboot this workshop then. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a couple of resources:

11 Steps to Making Quality Fanvids
Introduction to Vidding
EntAllat
Site Admin

Return to Video Workshop