the delphic expanse

Fan Vid Workshop?

A space for video artists!

Postby Aquarius » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:15 pm

I am very interested in this, but I worry about my ability to complete assignments in a reasonable amount of time, what with school and all.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby ladyrainbow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:55 am

I'd be interested in learning how to do this. :-) I've never done this before, so I'm a complete newbie.
ladyrainbow
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:23 am

Aquarius wrote:I am very interested in this, but I worry about my ability to complete assignments in a reasonable amount of time, what with school and all.

I understand, and - to be honest - I've got to keep these small enough that I can squeeze moderating them into my somewhat unpredictable amount of time too. And I suspect that people will be more likely to participate if the challenges are quick, small and non-threatening. :-)

Would it work to make it an exercise that would take no more than a half hour to do, and then let the assignment sit for a week? For example: everybody download a short clip that I provide, import into your editing software, add a title screen, one transition and then export to a specific file format. If you know how to do this it'd take 15 minutes. If you didn't know how it'd still only take a little over 30, given workshop help to figure out how. And we'd all have a week to fit it into our schedules to try to accomplish it.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 am

ladyrainbow wrote:I'd be interested in learning how to do this. :-) I've never done this before, so I'm a complete newbie.

Welcome then! :D
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby HopefulRomantic » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Misplaced wrote:I'd like to make a few more vids... but I'm also having problems with youtube. They took off the sound for one (for copyright stuff) and they disabled another because it had CBS material.

*bangs head against wall*

Never fear, your Vulcan Bonded Sister may have a solution. 8)

The same thing happened to a couple of my videos on YouTube. Then I found the following fix, and it worked for me.

Here's how to get around the WMG copyright issue. It worked for me. Hope it helps! It only takes a few minutes and it's worth it!

1) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with.
2) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
3) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
4) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;
"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

5) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name and continue
6) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".

this will ONLY apply if you are not making any profit off your videos

Good luck!
HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant JG

Postby Aquarius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:49 am

I'll participate, but I'll need to start from the very beginning--what software to use, etc. Starting from scratch here.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Gotcha. I've got a basic "tools to get started" sticky post up under Video and Workshop Information" now.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Sweet!!
Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Fan Vid Workshop?

Postby Jamieson » Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 am

Well I might be a couple years too late on this, but if anyone wants to chat vidding then I'm game, whether it be tutorials or just general discussion of ideas, execution, what not to do, etc. I've got a fair bit of experience in different types of vidding, and I'm also always on the lookout for tips and tricks from others that will help me improve :)
Jamieson
Ensign

Re: Fan Vid Workshop?

Postby EntAllat » Fri May 31, 2013 2:19 am

I'm game! I've had a vid rolling through my head now for a couple of years and I'd like to make it but I a) haven't had the time and b) had a lot to learn.

What kind of software do you prefer to use?
EntAllat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Videos