the delphic expanse

FanVids

A space for video artists!

Re: FanVids

Postby Jamieson » Tue May 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Thank you for your kind words and feedback - I'm glad you all enjoyed it :-) I was very pleased with this one, both in how it turned out and that it even turned out at all, since I'd been in a vidding rut for over 4 years before starting on this one.

bluetiger - with a song like that, I just had to match those beats...sometimes at the expense of my sanity ;-) Actually, because I vid with earbuds in, it wasn't until I was finishing it up and playing it back with regular speakers that I realized that some of those beats I was matching are subtle enough that they may be difficult to catch without headphones 8-) This vid did take quite a lot of time to finish, I was working on it for the better part of 6 months - I've never been the fastest vidder (well...outside of exam/paper-writing time - procrastination proved quite lucrative ), but on top of my limited time I had to pretty much re-learn the whole process and my program, lol, so I was happy to take the time on it. That said, I'm very much hoping that my next vid (and I definitely plan to have a next one!) won't take nearly that much time :D I have a couple of solid ideas, now I just have to decide which one to do first and then find time to get to it.

Aquarius - good luck! I've been an Elite Diamond member of the Comfort Inn for the last three years thanks to work, and their internet is horrible.

Thanks again, everyone :-)
Jamieson
Ensign

Postby Mistress Euclid » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:21 am

Late to the party, but welcome Jamieson! Great video! So glad you found our little community.
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Reanok » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:02 pm

:clap :cheering Jamison what a terrific video you certainly timed the clips to the music perfectly.I hope you'll do some more Enterprise music videos please.
Reanok
Captain

Postby Jamieson » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 am

Thank you :-)

I put down the first clip for a new ENT video yesterday. It's not quite where I want it or how I want it, and it's just the one so far, but it's a step in the right direction!

Incidentally, when I opened up the editing program and went to import the new song I'm planning on using, "Radioactive" came over the radio (I was a passenger in a moving vehicle at the time)...not sure if that was a good sign or not :?
Jamieson
Ensign

Previous

Return to Videos