the delphic expanse

My Fan Art

Post your artwork!

My Fan Art

Postby Pippin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:53 am

Here's a pic I've just done of Cap'n Archer.

It's been a long time since I've done any drawing and I'm afraid it shows, as the result is sort of a cross between a portrait and a caricature. Hopefully, I'll improve. (Please, my muse). Hope to post more soon, once I get my studio (aka the 2nd bedroom) up and running.
Attachments
Resized pencil.jpg
Pippin
Lieutenant JG

Re: My Fan Art

Postby tarheelladync » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Pippin,
Good for you. I too recently tried to regain some of that skill that I had in high school. I did a couple of Archer, Trip and Hernandez, but I'm too chicken and critical of my own work to post them. I'd like to sketch out a few more, but between work and college, I'm plain exhausted.
If man can dream it, man can do it. To the stars people!!!
tarheelladync
Lieutenant JG

Postby bluetiger » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Pippin, I love it. That is a great portrait of Jon. I hope you will post a lot more of your art.

And tarheelladync, please post some of your work. Nobody could be more critical of their work than I am. I have to force myself to post every time but there are so few Enterprise artists out there. I would love to see you both putting up lots of art, please :D
bluetiger

Postby Reanok » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Pippin that's a great pencil drawing of Jonathan Archer. drawing portraits takes a long time and you did a great job with this drawing . Bravo! :cheering :clap
Reanok
Captain

Postby Pippin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks, everyone. I am my harshest critic, (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

Here's a caricature I did of Connor for an Xmas scrapbook. I believe I posted it earlier but the attachment no longer exists. Caricatures are my real strong point.

CONNER GREETING2a.JPG
Pippin
Lieutenant JG

Postby Pippin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 pm

And to continue:
A caricature of Dominic:
Dominic cartoon2.jpg
Pippin
Lieutenant JG

Postby bluetiger » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:01 am

Those caricatures are so dead on. You have a real gift for that art form. (by-the-way, I love Connor's tee shirt :laugh )
bluetiger

Postby Pippin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:44 pm

've been goofing around with an open source program I've got similar to Photoshop called "GIMP". I foresee many hours spent with tutorials; this is not a simple program.

(Just a note for the artists out there == who probably already know this -- there are may open source (read: free) graphics programs out there for those of us who can't afford the anywhere from 200 - 1,000 dollars that can be charged for said programs. Most of my major software is open source).

Anyhow, here's a "collage" I did while fooling about with GIMP, using the very simplest of techniques, believe me!

Jon& Trip collage.jpg
Jon& Trip collage.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
I
Pippin
Lieutenant JG

Postby tish » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Your art is wonderful, pippin, especially the caricatures, Connor's is great! :cheering
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby tarheelladync » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:34 pm

[quote="Pippin"]'ve been goofing around with an open source program I've got similar to Photoshop called "GIMP". I foresee many hours spent with tutorials; this is not a simple program.

Pippen, I have GIMP on my computer as well and have been playing with it some. You're right it has a lot of options for a free program. I've used it some but don't have very much time to spend with it.
If man can dream it, man can do it. To the stars people!!!
tarheelladync
Lieutenant JG

Next

Return to Fan Art