the delphic expanse

Hand Made dolls.

Post your artwork!

Hand Made dolls.

Postby kikopolis » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:38 pm

I was not sure exactly where to put this, as it's not 'art' per say. I recently started making fabric dolls and doll clothes. I have started pattern drafting for Enterprise characters.

I have a pretty extensive list of details I am working out, right down to making polymer clay Phase pistols and tricorders, and wig making out of fake fur and hair extensions.

Has anyone else made dolls, figures, or even amigurumi? (knitted or crocheted figures)

Once I get everything started and the pattern set, I can post process pictures. I am currently working on Hoshi.

Also, I am finding sewing the jumpsuit to be murder. It's a much more complicated design then it seems, and I am tempted to order the actual pattern from roddenbury.com and just shrink it.
~Kiko~
kikopolis
Ensign

Re: Hand Made dolls.

Postby Honeybee » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Very cool! And yes, that definitely counts as fan art! Can't wait to see the pictures.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby bluetiger » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:10 pm

These dolls sound great. I can't wait to see them. Doll making is a lovely art form.
bluetiger

Postby kikopolis » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 pm

While I am a pretty skilled seamstress, I have not have much experience in wardrobe making. So i am hoping I don't slaughter the outfits....

Until I get the jumpsuit worked out I may have to just say they are all in civvies, hahaha.
~Kiko~
kikopolis
Ensign

Postby Reanok » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:41 am

Cool I look forward to seeing your dolls. Making dolls or stuffed animals is time consuming.When my niece was little I made her some stuffed little Cats.I sewed them by hand it takes alot of work to get them finished.Especially using patterns and making sure they turn out right.
Reanok
Captain

Postby Kathy Rose » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 pm

I would love to see those when you finish them. Not having much artistic ability (other than writing), I admire anyone who can do something like that.
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:10 pm

kikopolis wrote:I was not sure exactly where to put this, as it's not 'art' per say. I recently started making fabric dolls and doll clothes. I have started pattern drafting for Enterprise characters.

I have a pretty extensive list of details I am working out, right down to making polymer clay Phase pistols and tricorders, and wig making out of fake fur and hair extensions.

That's fantastic. I can't wait to see pictures!

kikopolis wrote:Has anyone else made dolls, figures, or even amigurumi? (knitted or crocheted figures)

Not yet, and even then it's nothing like creating something from scratch. I've been learning about action figure modding - I figure it's close enough to the model kit stuff that I like to do that I might be able to pull it off. Might. I'd like to create a Mirror Universe set of action figures out of the official ones that came out years ago. There was one guy on eBay who did an MU Archer and an MU Tucker (complete with scar) that was just fantastic; I was going to order one but he just disappeared and I haven't been able to contact him since. So, now I want to try my hand at it myself. I dunno - I'm not an artist, so I'm doubtful.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:42 pm

What a cool idea! I hope you'll post pictures.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Reanok » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 am

Cool idea Entallat. I hope you'll post pictures of your models sometime .
Reanok
Captain

Return to Fan Art