the delphic expanse

Post your artwork!

Re: Avatar/Icon City

Postby Misplaced » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:18 pm

I know how to do it in photoshop. :) Do you need a step by step guide, or do you need someone to do it for you?
Misplaced

Postby tish » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 pm

misplaced.....i am trying to reset my avatar with one of yours that you have so graciously provided. So far no luck. Is using an ipad NOT the way to go? I can reset from my laptop, but then the image does not show up when i am on my ipad.

Thank you!!!!! AFter I figure this out, I may post a request for an avatar in the request thread...but I do not want to make you create one for me if I cannot upload it.

I am still on the learning curve on all the creating with a comupter stuff!!! You have my deepest admiration.
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby Aquarius » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:15 am

I know my name isn't Misplaced, but...

I don't think it should matter if you're on an iPad or not. Are you uploading it from your hard drive, or are you linking offsite?
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby tish » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:21 am

heheeeee, thanks Aquarius! ummmm, I was trying to copy from the avatars on the avatar site here. Do I need to save them to my computer first?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Postby tish » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:41 am

I am trying the save image to my computer.....let's see if it works.
tish
Commander

Postby tish » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:52 am

I think it worked!!!!! But i would still like an avatar, so will go to the request thread!
tish
Commander

Postby Mr Smith » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Misplaced wrote:I know how to do it in photoshop. :) Do you need a step by step guide, or do you need someone to do it for you?

I don't have Photoshop but I feel like such a bother when I ask people to make icons for me. I'm trying to crop and resize these:
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu29 ... iohood.gif
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu29 ... oeagle.gif
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu29 ... ioland.gif
to turn them into icons, in two different sizes so I can use them for LJ and boards like this one, but I don't know if it's even possible and I'm useless at graphics things.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Misplaced » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:00 pm

I can look at it in a bit. :mrgreen: What's the max file size for LJ again? (I know it's 100x100, but I can't remember the file size.)

And the board here is 150x150, 139kbs. If you want to be able to use them on other boards--I need to know if they have a smaller pixel & file size limits for their avatars.
Misplaced

Postby Mr Smith » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Misplaced wrote:I can look at it in a bit. :mrgreen: What's the max file size for LJ again? (I know it's 100x100, but I can't remember the file size.)

And the board here is 150x150, 139kbs. If you want to be able to use them on other boards--I need to know if they have a smaller pixel & file size limits for their avatars.

The other main board I was thinking of has a limit of 100x100 pixels and uploaded avatars have to be less than 100 KB. I think LJ's limit is 40 KB, or at least that's what their FAQ says.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Misplaced » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Gotcha. I'll see what I can do over the weekend. :)
Misplaced

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art