the delphic expanse

Workshops, workshops, workshops!

Here's general open information about the writing workshops we offer here. You can announce your intention to workshop a fic or open a for everyone's eyes discussion. Fics are workshopped in the private workshop forum. You can also look for a beta reader and discuss betaing issues here.

Workshops, workshops, workshops!

Postby EntAllat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Hey DE denizens!

I just had an awesome experience troubleshooting some plot elements of a Sherlock fic I'm working on, via chat and email with Frakme and Lilith, and I'd already done the same with Cap'n Frances for a TnT fic. I made me want to remind everyone that one of the unique features of the DE forum is our "workshops" area, where you can get a little brainstorming, help and feedback on a fic you're working on via your fellow DE members.

It's simple. Just post in the thread Do you want your fic workshopped? and we'll help you get setup with a private area thread in this forum and put out a call for volunteers before your start date. Then post the bit of your story and let the volunteers have a few days to consider it and then post their feedback. That's all there is to it!

Even if you don't have something you need help on, consider volunteering to provide feedback. It's a great way to give back and it's often helped me bring back my fix-writing muse.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Re: Workshops, workshops, workshops!

Postby Lillith » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Can we do this with plots as well, EntAllat? May need to workshop the plot for my LOTR/ENT crossover, a Hoshi/T'Pol story, or another that's brewing in my brain.
Lillith
Lieutenant

Postby EntAllat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Sounds good to me. I'd be happy to help workshop a plot.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Glad that you reminded us of this EntAllat! Now if only I had time to write a fic that needed workshopping. :writer
Aquarius
Site Admin

Return to Writing Workshop Information and Beta Area