the delphic expanse

Anyone interested in a smut workshop?

Here's general open information about the writing workshops we offer here. You can announce your intention to workshop a fic or open a for everyone's eyes discussion. Fics are workshopped in the private workshop forum. You can also look for a beta reader and discuss betaing issues here.

Postby mareel » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Hopefully, not too late to sign up.
mareel
Lt. Commander

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:18 am

Nope, not too late! 8) I can't even start this until January so we'll just keep letting people sign up.

What I have to decide is, how long to keep taking people after that. Realistically, people could join while we're in-progress, they'd just miss the brainstorming portion of each exercise. There's nothing time-sensitive about it...but at the same time for the feedback purposes and everything, there'd come a time when we want to be done--with each individual exercise as well as the workshop itself. (Not like they can't buy the book or check it out at the library, right?)

So let me think on that, but for now, yeah, anyone who wants to sign up, it's cool.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:08 am

Oh, BTW--I don't need posts to the test thread any more--I just wanted to make sure I'd set it up right.

Just let me know if you signed up but you can't see the smut workshop forum after I've acknowledged your desire to join.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Mistress Euclid » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Are you kidding? :shock:

Of course I want in! :makingout (I've been looking for an excuse to use that emoticon for a long time.)
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Gotcha. :wink:
Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Anyone interested in a smut workshop?

Postby Aquarius » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:03 pm

I've posted two new threads in the smut workshop forum. You'll want to read these before we start the lessons. They'll serve as a core reference when we write.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 am

First exercise is going up today.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:15 pm

A slight modification to the smut workshop, for two reasons: one, i don't want participants to get burned out, and two, some of the people who initially signed up were unable to participate either due to computer crash/access issues, or crazy Real Life stuff.

There's a lot of material to cover, and in looking at it, I see places where we could do this in three distinct phases: a beginner phase, a middle phase, and an advanced phase. (Don't be scared by the word "advanced"--it isn't harder, it just requires you to have a body of work on which to draw in order to complete what the exercises ask you to do, which the first and second phases take care of nicely.) So here's what I'm going to do:

Phase 1 is going to be 8 exercises in all. Once those 8 are done, that phase is over.

Once we've had a bit of a break, I will start another Phase One workshop for anyone who didn't get to do it the first time, be it because of real life getting in the way or joining us later or whatnot.

After the new phase 1 is under way (if we do indeed have one), I will start a Phase 2 workshop for anyone from Phase 1 who wants to continue. (And yes, Phase 1 will be a prerequisite; you'll need the skills you acquired in that part to continue.)

After phase 2 is completed and we've had a bit of a break, I'll start Phase 3. Natch, completion of 2 is a prerequisite.

A second phase two will begin for those who've completed either phase 1 workshop but haven't gone on yet.

There will also be another opportunity at Phase 3, for those who didn't get to move on before.

Obviously continuing on is not a requirement, but each phase does build on what you learned before so the more you do, the more you get out of it.

Questions? Let me know!
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Artisticmom2 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey! I know it's been months since anything was posted here but is there another workshop starting anytime soon? I've got some smutty ideas running around in my head and thought to try out the workshop before committing them to paper...er...typing. Just wondering!
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Aquarius » Mon May 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Not soon. I need to get through this group first. Which reminds me, I have some questions and exercises to post there, as soon as I find which box I packed my book in...
Aquarius
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Writing Workshop Information and Beta Area