the delphic expanse

Do you want your fic workshopped?

Here's general open information about the writing workshops we offer here. You can announce your intention to workshop a fic or open a for everyone's eyes discussion. Fics are workshopped in the private workshop forum. You can also look for a beta reader and discuss betaing issues here.

Postby Honeybee » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:42 am

Cool! I've made a separate thread for this - and I've listed panysan and myself as critics so far. Anyone else - just let me know.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Sounds great! Count me in.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby entkayjay » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:13 pm

I'll lend a hand.
entkayjay
Commander

Postby Honeybee » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Cool! I'll add you to the list.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby paulinem » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:10 pm

If you still need people, I'll put up my hand. I don't know how good I'll be as a critic, but I'm willing to try...

Enterprise S5 Website
The continuing adventures of a show that ended too soon...
paulinem
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Okay, I can let you in - but you'll have to be quick! Everyone else has responded - but I'm sure Misplaced won't mind to have another, fresh eye.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby paulinem » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:35 pm

Cool, going now!

Enterprise S5 Website
paulinem
Captain

Postby paulinem » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:17 pm

I know everyone’s busy with NaNoWrMo, and working toward the new archive, but I have a short story, under 4200 words (10 pages – I think), that I would like to either have workshopped, or maybe beta checked.

It’s set just before Bounty, but based, I suppose you could say, on a missing scene for Cogenitor. I think you could describe the story as the after effects of those last few scenes in Cogenitor, the impact on both captain and commander (sort of). I know there have been numerous stories written about it, but I’m hoping that mine has something different.

It’s rated PG13 due to one ‘F-bomb’, and it’s mostly anxty and mostly from Archer’s POV.

Anyhoo...

Basically, there are some areas that I know really need ironing out...

I’m not sure if the language I’ve utilized has been overused (I try not to do that).

I’m not sure if it flows properly, if the transitions are too sudden, and I know there are problems with grammar (which I think a beta would be better suited to look at).

One of the main scenes, the most important scene, has a storm integrated into it, I’m not sure if how I’ve written it is too confusing for people. I think I took the easy way out, because I haven’t written anything like that before...

Anyhoo, I won’t say anymore, you will pick up where the problems lay as you read, plus I think it would take too long to explain, and you’d more than likely be finished by the time I did!

Oh, and I’m still mulling over the title!!!

1) Before Midnight
2) Midnight hour
3) Every day
4) Every damned day
5) Shelter from the Storm (which is what I originally titled it)

However, if anyone else has a better title, I’m all ears! :D

Anyhoo, although I’m nervous about putting myself out there, I’ll lap up any advice and constructive criticisms you all provide.

Thank you in advance!

Enterprise S5 Website
paulinem
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:41 pm

You got it!

I'll open a separate thread for takers, and people can also post here if they want to be a critic.

And, I will say that after I workshopped my fic - I came up with a great title! :)

Just go into the workshop forum and post your story. I'll lock the thread and so people can read and digest for a few days before responding.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby paulinem » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks, Honeybee! I'll get on that right now...

Enterprise S5 Website
paulinem
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Workshop Information and Beta Area