the delphic expanse

Do you want your fic workshopped?

Here's general open information about the writing workshops we offer here. You can announce your intention to workshop a fic or open a for everyone's eyes discussion. Fics are workshopped in the private workshop forum. You can also look for a beta reader and discuss betaing issues here.

Postby Honeybee » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:10 am

Okay, just let me know the details - and we'll get started!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Cool! Should I PM you the story and details or just post it here and let you move it off to a workshop thread?
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Actually, posting it here would be easier! Go for it, and I'll move it!

edited to add: You're also still part of the workshop forum - so you can post it yourself. Duh! That'd probably be easiest!

Also post pertinent details - so I can post them when I look for critics!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Gotcha! I'm off to post it now ...
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:41 pm

It's posted! I hope I gave the right kind of/enough details for you to post for workshop critics.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:21 pm

We're wrapping up Entallat's workshop, so I need another volunteer! Anyone who wants their fic workshopped, let me know!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Misplaced » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Can I workshop the beginning of a story? I'm 12 pages in with a character who I've only written in his POV for a scene or two in my other fics.

I know that's 2 pages longer than the guidlines, I might be okay with the first 10 pages (thought some of the stuff that's kind of niggling me that I can't quite put my finger on is in the 11 page)

If not, I'll just have to find me a hardcore beta. LOL
Misplaced

Postby Honeybee » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:16 pm

Oh, I think we can bend the rules to twelve pages.

Just give me the details - and I'll post for critics.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Misplaced » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:30 pm

It's an Archer-centric story. Post Romulan-war (5 years post) -- and there is a main character from ENT that did not survive the war, that character's death has greatly affected Archer and what he feels responsible for. (I don't know how revealing you need me to be). There will eventually be Archer/Sato -- how that will turn out, my characters haven't told me yet. LOL

Mostly, I want to make sure that I'm capturing Archer's voice right, especially dealing with internal conflict. Usually when I write him in the RU (which would be one scene so far in "Unexpected Too"), he's more of an observer. But this time it's his story. I will also be writing this entire tale in his POV. No other character's at all... so I want to make sure that the way he sees everyone else and circumstances is true to himself.

And again, I also don't write Hoshi (RU anyway) so I want to be sure that what she says is true to her as well.

Considering that this takes place 14 years after the launch of ENT and after a gruesome war with losses, they've grown and matured... but I still want to be true to the core of their personalities.

Is that enough information?
Misplaced

Postby panyasan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:48 pm

It sounds like a great fic and I like to volunteer for the workshop. (And I kind of tried to get Archers voice right in a story I am working on, so I like to learn from others.'
panyasan
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Workshop Information and Beta Area