the delphic expanse

Need a beta reader? Post here.

Here's general open information about the writing workshops we offer here. You can announce your intention to workshop a fic or open a for everyone's eyes discussion. Fics are workshopped in the private workshop forum. You can also look for a beta reader and discuss betaing issues here.

Need a beta reader? Post here.

Postby Honeybee » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:08 am

If you are in need of a beta reader, please post here. In your post, please put pertinent details such as pairings, length and what the story will be rated and why.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:00 pm

I've finally taken the plunge, thrown caution to the wind and started on an epic story that I'm going to post as I continue writing on it - if there's audience interest - rather than after the entire bloody thing is done.

Fair warning: This is AU, futurefic and TnT with a possible twist (I haven't decided whether I'll pursue path A or path B with this yet or leave that to other stories). Every major character will appear in this at some point but it'll also have a handful of OCs and one of them is introduced right up front in this first Chapter. In fact, this first Chapter only briefly mentions one of our familiar ENT characters and doesn't even hint at TnT yet. It'll leave you hanging with a lot of questions too.

I could use a beta for this first, short-ish Chapter and maybe even a test audience for the idea once I re-write based on the beta.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby ladyrainbow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 pm

I've completed the first chapter of "Trip and the Terrific Tardis" and need someone (lots of someones?) to have a look-see.

Let me know ASAP, please! Thanks!
ladyrainbow
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:18 pm

ladyrainbow wrote:I've completed the first chapter of "Trip and the Terrific Tardis" and need someone (lots of someones?) to have a look-see.

Let me know ASAP, please! Thanks!

I'd be happy to give it a once over, bearing in mind that some of the Who references will slide right past me.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby ladyrainbow » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:07 am

EA, are you up to having a look see at Chapter Two of "Trip and the Terrific Tardis"? Don't worry about the DW references, I put some info in the author's notes.

Anyone else interested? Need some serious look-sees. Thanks!
ladyrainbow
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:30 am

ladyrainbow wrote:EA, are you up to having a look see at Chapter Two of "Trip and the Terrific Tardis"? Don't worry about the DW references, I put some info in the author's notes.

Sure! But I'd have to look at it in the next hour or so or else it'll have to wait until Sunday. Tonight and the next three days are kind packed and I don't know if I'd get to it. :-(
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby ladyrainbow » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:38 am

Sunday's fine, hon. I'll send it to you Sunday. Thanks. :-) No rush.
ladyrainbow
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:42 am

Okay! You got it. :-)
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:10 am

Leaving my offer here:

I'm not participating in anything myself but through December 10th I'm a willing beta for any short holiday challenge (here or elsewhere) ENT fic if needed. I can't take on a longer fic or works-in-progress and promise to get it back to you in a reasonable amount of time but if it's only a chapter or two, no problem.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby entkayjay » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:14 pm

I have a story (actually, I have LOTS of these :roll: ) that I started about four years ago, that has sat around for all that time with very little progress.

For those who haven't followed along at home, I've had serious writer's block coupled with a variety of physical issues that made it next to impossible to put even two sentences together for a very long time. Now that my Vitamin D therapy is unlocking my brain and my creativity -- and this place is reigniting my Enterprise muse -- I'm thinking maybe it's time to take the plunge.

I started writing with a deep-beta group and got good results before.

It's an Archer/Reed WIP, probably about a half to two-thirds finished and sitting at 8K words right now. What's done so far is pretty PG, but what I want to write will be NC-17. I do have a few notes on where I was going, and I remember the gist of the story, but my challenge is trying to recapture the dynamic and rhythm of how I was writing it. This in particular was a stretcher for me at the time, and I'd surely love for the new parts to fit with the old ones.

Anyone willing to a) take a look at what I have, and b) take on a WIP from someone coming out of writer's block and burnout? Could be sporadic, but I'm sick and tired of pulling these things out of the cobwebs and whining about why I can't write like that anymore.
entkayjay
Commander

Next

Return to Writing Workshop Information and Beta Area