the delphic expanse

T'Pol and mind melds

Want to bounce ideas off fellow writers? Need some support? Post here.

T'Pol and mind melds

Postby Kathy Rose » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:10 pm

I need a little help for a beta I'm doing. When was the first time T'Pol did a mind meld on the series without dire consequences? (I'm not counting the whole "Fusion" mind rape thing, because it affected her badly.) I'm leaning toward where she melds with Hoshi to find out more about Phlox's kidnapping in the Klingon augment arc near the beginning of season 4, but I'm not sure.

If the timing's off -- this story is set before the Expanse -- it would mean Jon would have to have a different reaction than "Jon know T'Pol could perform a mind meld; she'd done it before."
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Re: T'Pol and mind melds

Postby Honeybee » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Wow, that seems like a detail I should remember. But I actually think you are right. It isn't until the fourth season that T'Pol melds again. Anyone?
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby crystalswolf » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:18 pm

If you want mind-meld in general, I think T'Pau mind-melded with her to cure the Pa'nar Syndrome. If you want where only T'Pol initiated, I believe Hoshi was first because Archer did say he could teach her how to do it. This is going by memory, though.
crystalswolf

Postby Kathy Rose » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:56 am

crystalswolf wrote:If you want mind-meld in general, I think T'Pau mind-melded with her to cure the Pa'nar Syndrome.

Yes! That's what I couldn't remember. I knew T'Pol had been cured, but I couldn't remember by whom or when. That makes it in the fourth season Vulcan arc, much later than the setting of the story I'm betaing.

That helps a lot. Thank you, crystalswolf!
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby crystalswolf » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Glad to help :)
crystalswolf

Return to Idea Space