the delphic expanse

What's the weirdest thing you've ever written in a fic?

Want to bounce ideas off fellow writers? Need some support? Post here.

Re: What's the weirdest thing you've ever written in a fic?

Postby lousmom313 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:56 am

Mistress Euclid wrote:But, I did once try my hand at a G-rated fic involving Shran and Archer in a rowboat. I never finished it - but someday I will.

As long as there are no "Magic bowls of rocks.." :wink:
lousmom313
Lieutenant JG

Postby Misplaced » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:04 am

Aquarius wrote:Trip doing karaoke to "I Touch Myself" comes to mind... :djspinsit

One of my FAVORITES!!
Misplaced

Postby THE Rigil Kent » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:55 am

Weirdest? Hmm ... the Erika Hernandez/Soval thing in my "Bounty" redux in "Divergent Paths"?

Although one of these days, I'm still toying with writing my TATV fix that has Trip actually die but show back up 10 years or so later.

As a Vulcan.
None of us are virgins; life has screwed us all. -

Sig by Chrisis1033.

THE Rigil Kent
Lt. Commander

Postby panyasan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:27 am

THE Rigil Kent wrote:Weirdest? Hmm ... the Erika Hernandez/Soval thing in my "Bounty" redux in "Divergent Paths"?

Welll, it fitted well in the story and your "rewrite" of the Bounty was a much better quality then the orginal.
panyasan
Commander

Postby Koken » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:01 am

Oh I like the idea of this thread...
So by far my strangest fic concept is unfinished...but...pretty weird for me.

I have this A/T slash fic that...isn't exactly slash.

Trip contracts a condition from alien artifact xyz translating to 'gender understanding', a right of passage for their people. Intended to temporarily allows the people of their culture to experience life on the other side of the coin. This of course causes humans to change gender after orgasm. Of course! Trip turns from male to female when he masterbates and can't turn back cause he's having a hard time getting himself off as a woman. Enter Archer and Malcolm and Trip awkwardness, overexcited Phlox, eternally perplexed Vulcan, whos brain hurts just thinking of his exsistance, and Travis keeps checking him out. Enter Trip going to Hoshi for help, who "talks" him through it, but female Trip's not doing so well getting back to a man and eventually confides in Archer who offers to help. The considerate Captain gives him a hand.

For some reason this fic started collecting dust but remains on my docket to finish as a real eyebrow lifter.

-koken
I've got faith of the heart,
going where my heart will take me,
I've got faith to believe.
Koken
Ensign

Postby Misplaced » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:24 am

I just realized that I haven't really done anything "weird." :lol: I do have scenes from "Broken Bow" rewritten (still in wip stage) featuring a Charlotte "Charlie" Tucker (who was born a girl) and a Spol of Vulcan (who was born a boy). Dunno if I'm going through with the series.

Perhaps the Tellarite wedding in "Connubial Negotiations"? Or the naming ceremony in "Unexpected Too" complete with naked dancing?

I'm pretty "vanilla" in the Trek fandom, I guess. :lol:
Misplaced

Postby Kathy Rose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:57 am

Koken wrote:I have this A/T slash fic that...isn't exactly slash.

Trip contracts a condition from alien artifact xyz translating to 'gender understanding', a right of passage for their people. Intended to temporarily allows the people of their culture to experience life on the other side of the coin. This of course causes humans to change gender after orgasm. Of course! Trip turns from male to female when he masterbates and can't turn back cause he's having a hard time getting himself off as a woman. Enter Archer and Malcolm and Trip awkwardness, overexcited Phlox, eternally perplexed Vulcan, whos brain hurts just thinking of his exsistance, and Travis keeps checking him out. Enter Trip going to Hoshi for help, who "talks" him through it, but female Trip's not doing so well getting back to a man and eventually confides in Archer who offers to help. The considerate Captain gives him a hand.

For some reason this fic started collecting dust but remains on my docket to finish as a real eyebrow lifter.

Ahem. Seems to me you need to finish this story and post it here. 8-)
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Re:

Postby Glory1863 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:56 am

Kathy Rose wrote:There are three things that I consider the most weird, or unusual, amongst some of the weirdness that sometimes goes on in my writing.

2. I did a short piece about Major Hayes' death -- from his point of view in the sickbay.

That would be The Last Sense of Death. I would call it spiritual, insightful and lovely, not weird. For people looking to explore the Reed-Hayes dynamic (not slash), this is a somewhat different way of offering insight. I think you'll enjoy it. You might want to have some Kleenex handy, though.
MR_Beautiful avatar by M&M (Mareel and Misplaced)
Glory1863
Captain

Postby THE Rigil Kent » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:23 am

Misplaced wrote:I'm pretty "vanilla" in the Trek fandom, I guess. :lol:

I think we're sharing the "vanilla" couch. :lol:
None of us are virgins; life has screwed us all. -

Sig by Chrisis1033.

THE Rigil Kent
Lt. Commander

Postby Hummingbird2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:12 am

THE Rigil Kent wrote:
Misplaced wrote:I'm pretty "vanilla" in the Trek fandom, I guess. :lol:

I think we're sharing the "vanilla" couch. :lol:

Same here.

By the way, does writing Archer and Trip as father and son count as 'weird'? ;)
Icon by TwilightProwler.
Hummingbird2
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Idea Space