the delphic expanse

Status and Support

Want to bounce ideas off fellow writers? Need some support? Post here.

Re: Status and Support

Postby Mr Smith » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Lillith wrote:It's been through a couple round of beta's and is now on draft four. I'd love to have you look at it once this draft is done.

So slow to reply but yes please, I'd love to looksee!
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Lillith » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:49 pm

Mr Smith wrote:
Lillith wrote:It's been through a couple round of beta's and is now on draft four. I'd love to have you look at it once this draft is done.

So slow to reply but yes please, I'd love to looksee!

I'll let you know once this draft is done and has sat for a couple days.
Lillith
Lieutenant

Postby Artisticmom2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 am

As I was complaining over in Randomness about how I had oodles of free time this week and absolutely no inspiration I decided to use a trick from art school and flip through my journal/sketchbook for something. I hate wasting time and couldn't abide in sitting around all week and have nothing to show for it but a really clean house. I found a note I had scribbled about wanting to challenge myself to a multichapter something based off of the episodes but each chapter could not exceed 1000 words. So taking that in hand I started the series from Broken Bow part 1 and got busy. I am liking what I have so far, but am hesitant to actually go forward with writing a chapter about each episode. That's a lot of commitment - it would bother me if I didn't make it through the entire thing. Decisions decisions. At least I am writing. :roll:
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Artisticmom2 wrote:I am liking what I have so far, but am hesitant to actually go forward with writing a chapter about each episode. That's a lot of commitment - it would bother me if I didn't make it through the entire thing. Decisions decisions. At least I am writing. :roll:

Commitment yes, but absolutely awesome for the DE archive audience. *nudge* *nudge* Do it, do it! We'll cheer you on.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Kathy Rose » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:39 pm

I think limiting each chapter to 1000 words is a good idea, AM. That way it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

As for me... (drum roll, please)... I finally got my Spring challenge story finished! Yes! I just got it back from my beta and will be submitting it to the archive shortly. I had hoped to have it done about 2 months ago. You know, before spring was over. But between the new job and dealing with the zucchini harvest in my free time, I just haven't had the time or energy to get back to the story.
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:39 am

I'm looking at some old, almost finished, tics of mine and suddenly despairing that I'll ever be able to write that well again. Geez, did I put that down in electronic bits? Where did those words and ideas come from, because they sure aren't coming now!

Oy. I think I'll just have to keep fiddling with the unfinished parts until something clicks back on inside my head. Or maybe trying a drabble or two or three billion to get into the flow again.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Grad school ate my life.

That is all.

:censored
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Cap'n Frances » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:29 pm

When I broke my leg, I thought I would at least get a lot of writing done while my mobility was limited. That was almost two months ago. I've gotten very little writing done. A big part of the problem was that I couldn't comfortably sit at my computer (no way to elevate my foot). I don't like to do a lot of writing with pencil and paper because I hate typing what I've written into a word processing file. I've been using my iPad for web surfing and e-mail but it's hard for me to write anything longer than that on the virtual keyboard.

We finally came up with a partial solution to the computer problem. It's not super-comfortable but I can sit there for an hour or so. On Subday I started revising a story that I wrote a few months ago. I wrote about 800 words this evening. The story still needs a lot of work, but I finally feel like I'm making some progress.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby lfvoy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:14 am

Awesome! When I broke my ankle last year I ended up not writing at all for a few months. Just managing to get back and forth to work, and keep my house in something resembling order, took so much work and effort that it exhausted me. It was all I did until I started becoming mobile again. So I really do stand in awe of you.

Great work!
Bridge looks a lot different from here. Think anyone would mind if I fired a torpedo? -Travis Mayweather, "Cold Front"
lfvoy
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:14 pm

That's good to hear, Cap'n Frances!

Funny how something like hurting your foot or leg can affect your ability to get writing done since it seems like it's the wrong body part. But being able to sit comfortably and focus is huge - I know I didn't get any writing done after my surgery last year, though I thought I would because of the down time.
EntAllat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Idea Space