the delphic expanse

THE "WTF?!" GIFT CHALLENGE!!! :)

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

THE "WTF?!" GIFT CHALLENGE!!! :)

Postby Aquarius » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:31 am

It's been WAAAAAAY too long since we've done anything like this. And the archive has been WAAAAAAY too quiet. (Ahem.) (I'm totally busted, too!) So in an attempt to rectify that, I had an idea sparked by a Facebook post in which my friend was asking her friends to talk about any gifts they had received that they could have done with out. Not too long after that, this post from Jezebel called The Real Meaning Behind the Shitty Christmas Gifts You Didn't Ask For followed. As a hairdresser I have to say I related to many of those, because I've often found myself in situations where clients who don't know me that well felt obligated to give me something and it's led to some pretty interesting results. :lol:

But I digress.

So the challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to write a story in which a member (or more) of the Enterprise crew gets a WTF gift, something he or she just doesn't know what to do with. It does not have to be Christmas-themed, nor does it have to pertain to any of the holidays we celebrate in the Thanksgiving - New Year's corridor. That means it's open to just about any occasion - birthdays, Valentine's Day, Father's Day, or even random no-reason gifts. That also means no special deadline to get it done.

So think about it. What is the gift and how does your character of choice handle it?

Now go write something!
Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: THE "WTF?!" GIFT CHALLENGE!!! :)

Postby EntAllat » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:09 am

I'm in! I needed something to help me warm up the ENT-fic muscles now that I've got the time and inclination to re-start my writing engine.

(I might make this a two-fer and write a short Sherlock fic (double-drabble or something like) with the same prompt.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Awesome! Who else? 8-)
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Lillith » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:34 pm

Me! I'm willing to write something for this challenge.
Lillith
Lieutenant

Postby EntAllat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Almost. There. #amwriting
EntAllat
Site Admin

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts