the delphic expanse

February challenge?

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

February challenge?

Postby Lillith » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Are we going to be doing any sort of challenge for February this year? I don't know how many would be interested in one, or a prompt, but I am. The idea of commiting to a story and getting it done in a month even if its a short story of some sort is kind of thrilling.
Lillith
Lieutenant

Re: February challenge?

Postby Aquarius » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:32 am

I haven't been putting them up in a while - the interest and the level of commitment hasn't been there with previous challenges. I know - speaking for myself - I have a lot of unfinished projects that started off with good intentions but real life took over. That seems to be the same sentiment when I've issued the bigger challenges.

I'd be willing to entertain reinstating the monthly prompt - if enough people want it and would actually do it. Since starting grad school, it's a lot of trouble to go to if people don't do it, so if a few others would be willing to express some kind of commitment as well (it wouldn't have to be many, really), I'll start it up again.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Lillith » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:22 am

Who do I have to beg to show interest in doing these again? They just seem extremely useful. Maybe instead of a true challenge we could do a finish an unfinished work type deal? :dontknow :dontknow
Lillith
Lieutenant

Postby lfvoy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:21 pm

I could get down with that, but I'm still working on my Valentine's challenge from last year. Is there a way to automate it somehow - maybe link it to a word-of-the-month or word-of-the-week type thing that comes out from somewhere else?
Bridge looks a lot different from here. Think anyone would mind if I fired a torpedo? -Travis Mayweather, "Cold Front"
lfvoy
Commander

Postby Artisticmom2 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:06 pm

I'd like to see another challenge gauntlet thrown down... it's always fun to see what people come up with.
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts