the delphic expanse

Short Stories

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

Re: Short Stories

Postby Lillith » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Exactly! I love slash and femslash, but a well crafted story kicks butt no matter what. One of my favorite things over on AO3 is a series of straight stories, set in the middle earth. The stories feature heterosexual human uruk-hai pairings. That author does so well, I forget the uruks aren't humans. And when I remember, the idea isn't jarring at all. The story is so well crafted.

Yours is like that to me. Its so well crafted that I don't take any notice of the pairing not being what I normally read.
Lillith
Lieutenant

Postby Cap'n Frances » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Bluetiger,

I just read your story, The People. It's lovely. It hadn't occurred to me when I saw North Star that there might be another group of humans. It's good to see they've created a society that is peaceful and diverse and a way of life they would not want to leave.

Frances
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby bluetiger » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:45 pm

That is very kind of you to say, Frances. The townspeople seemed to be at such odds with the situation. I wanted to imagine it in terms of people that would make the best of things and prosper.
bluetiger

Previous

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts