the delphic expanse

2013 VALENTINE'S DAY PLAYLIST CHALLENGE!

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

2013 VALENTINE'S DAY PLAYLIST CHALLENGE!

Postby Aquarius » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:30 pm

Okay, I know here in the Eastern time zone there are still a couple of hours of 2013 left. What can I say? Love is in the air! :hearteyes Some of our best, most fun fics have come from this super-duper 'shippy challenge, and Valentine's day is a mere six weeks away!

This will work the same as it has the previous couple of years. Use this thread to sign up. The sign-up period will last until January 14, 2013. You have the option of doing a single song or going for the entire list. Sometimes people are scared of doing the whole list, but I've found that sometimes it gives you more to work with so it's easier. Declare whole song or single song when you sign up.

When I close this thread, I will go down the list of people who picked single song and randomly draw a number to assign them. After the numbers have been sent out, I will reveal the song list.

There will actually be two lists -- a "RU" list and a "MU" list. Find your corresponding number on either list, and that's your assigned song. You may pick your number from either list. The "RU" (or "real universe") list is more your normal type of song about love and consists of various genres. The "MU" or Mirror Universe list contains songs about the not-so-nice side of love (or, let's be honest, sex) and are often suited to the Mirror Universe versions of our characters. This way, you have two songs to pick from even if you have selected a single song, There will be links to each song's video and lyrics (so we don't end up with an "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" or "There's a bathroom on the right" situation). If no official video is available, a fan-made video or an audio-only version may be substituted, so you can hear what the song sounds like if you don't know it. Each list contains ten songs, but I have several backups in order to make it longer in case more people sign up. In that event, the people who choose to do the "whole list" need only to pick any ten songs they want from their chosen list.

Write whatever your song(s) inspire. Any 'ship. Het, slash, threesome/moresome. Any style. We don't discriminate here. It just has to be 'shippy.

Since these aren't gifts for anyone and therefore not super-time sensitive, there are no restrictions as to who can participate. Keeping that in mind, we'd like you to do your best to get them in by February 28, but we understand if life happens.

Questions? Post here. Otherwise, sign up! :mrgreen:
Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: 2013 VALENTINE'S DAY PLAYLIST CHALLENGE!

Postby Aquarius » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:37 pm

Almost left out of here without signing up! I'm going to do a single song. If I do the whole list, I'll be too tempted to do a multi-chaptered thing, and with me entering my final semester before graduating, I'm afraid it would take me forever to complete!
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby tarheelladync » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:03 am

I'd like to sign up for this challenge. I'd also like to go for whole song, give my mind a little more to work with.
If man can dream it, man can do it. To the stars people!!!
tarheelladync
Lieutenant JG

Postby Aquarius » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:08 am

Great! :cheering

Just to clarify -- single song and not whole list, yes?
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Mistress Euclid » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:12 am

I love this challenge! But then, I'm in love with love. :hearthead

I'll take the entire list this year, please.
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Honeybee » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:14 am

Give me one song!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Kylah618 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:23 am

Last year I did a list, so this year for a bit more of a challenge just give me one song.
Malcolm: The radio! Or is it just the galaxy, giggling at us again?
Trip: It can giggle all it wants. But the galaxy's not gettin' any of our burbon!
Kylah618
Lt. Commander

Postby tarheelladync » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 am

Aquarius,

The whole list for me, if your question was directed at me. ;)

Thanks.
If man can dream it, man can do it. To the stars people!!!
tarheelladync
Lieutenant JG

Postby Aquarius » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 am

tarheelladync wrote:Aquarius,

The whole list for me, if your question was directed at me. ;)

Thanks.

Gotcha! You threw me with "whole song" LOL. :lol:
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby lfvoy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:52 am

Enough with the eyeballs already! (Yes, I saw this on Twitter first.)

I'm in, but for single song this year please. Last year, trying the whole list pretty much knocked me in the head and drug me to the ground. This year? I want to see if I can hit the deadline. :)
Bridge looks a lot different from here. Think anyone would mind if I fired a torpedo? -Travis Mayweather, "Cold Front"
lfvoy
Commander

Next

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts