the delphic expanse

Thinking aloud -- ROUND ROBINS

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

Re: Thinking aloud -- ROUND ROBINS

Postby Aquarius » Sun May 27, 2012 9:19 am

Still working a few things out on this, folks. I haven't forgotten! Namely, I'm thinking about where to put the story threads themselves -- do I put all the stories together regardless of 'ship/genre? Or do I put each story in each 'ship's individual forum? And related to that, PMs will work ok for authors to have behind-the-scenes discussions, but I think you can only PM 5 people at a time, so if any group gets bigger than that, they're actually going to need a thread where they can put their heads together without everyone seeing. So there's the question of where I'm going to put that.

Then, if there's going to be adult content in the story, how do we handle that? If I make it so only logged-in registered members can see it, I'll have to put it in its own section (away from the 'ship threads) because you can't hide individual threads in a section. Or, we can leave it in the 'ship section and put anything adult in spoiler code.

Just wanted to let you guys know where I'm at with planning.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Lady C » Mon May 28, 2012 7:28 pm

It might be easier if they were in their own little section rather than all over the place in the character forums - especially if you try and attract interest to the forum through the website - easier to find when people come looking to check which RR's are in progress.
Lady C
Lieutenant JG

Postby Aquarius » Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 pm

I have considered that. However there are various mitigating factors that I'm trying to weigh. For example, if I put them all in the same section, and one needs to be kept away from the eyes of minors, *all* of them will have to be put in the "secret" area -- and therefore be invisible to non-members, which would defeat the purpose of generating visible activity.

Lots to consider. :geek:
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Artisticmom2 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Sooo.... anything new with this? No pressure, though. I know you guys have busy real lives. Just wondering. :?:
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Aquarius » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Well you guessed it -- real life was heinously in the way there.

I've still been thinking about it, though. Just not sure how I'm going to work around some issues...and then there's the fact that no matter what I do, someone will be unhappy. So I keep backburnering it hoping some solution will magically present itself.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts