the delphic expanse

November is Drown Malcolm Month!

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

Postby entkayjay » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Aquarius wrote:OMG--I'd heard of this before but I thought people were kidding! How did Drown Malcolm Month come about?

Okay, general consensus from Them That Were Thare: Drown Malcolm Month was generated from the original airing of Minefield, which was early October of 2002. The EntSTSlash Yahoo list took great pleasure in angsting Malcolm ('cause face it, he's such a bundle of issues, poor boy), and I'm pretty sure they thought "Hey, aquaphobia! Cool!"

Such bad wimmin on that list. LOL!

They declared November to be Drown Malcolm Month, and issued the challenge to go forth and torture our wonderful Armoury Officer. And it stuck from there, apparently branching out all over the intarwebs.

( know my muse loves Malcolm angst and making him feel better -- or at least trying to!)
entkayjay
Commander

Postby Kathy Rose » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Got it done!

My Drown Malcolm Month story this year is Out of His Element.
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Mr Smith » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:06 pm

All water under the dam now, he thought miserably, followed by an anguished snort of morbid amusement. He really should stop thinking in metaphors that had to do with water. It wasn't helping.

:ROFL :ROFL :ROFL

Loved it! So sweet.

I've always wanted to write something for Drown Malcolm Month, but I've never had a good idea.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Kathy Rose » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:13 am

Thank you, Mr Smith.

You should give it a go. You don't have to actually drown Malcolm , as my story illustrates. The fear alone is enough.

And there are all sorts of ways to drown him. In the past, I've drowned him in tea and in alcohol, as well as water. Some people like to drown him in love or heartbreak. I toyed with the idea this year of drowning him in some sort of work-related task, but came up with Out of His Element instead, which is sort of work related, now that I think about it.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Reanok » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:25 am

Nice Job Kathy I really liked your story.It's nice to see Malcolm cofiding to Hoshi his fear of drowning.During a n important mission to me with thee xindi Aquatics.
Reanok
Captain

Postby paulinem » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Absolutely lovely story, Kathy Rose!

Enterprise S5 Website
The continuing adventures of a show that ended too soon...
paulinem
Captain

Postby Aquarius » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Great work, Kathy! I felt for poor Malcolm. I'm not afraid of water, but still, I know THAT couldn't have felt good!
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Kathy Rose » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:31 am

Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone.

There's still a lot of November left. Anybody else want to try writing a Drown Malcolm story? They can actually be a lot of fun.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby mareel » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:23 pm

While it wasn't written specifically for Drown Malcolm Month, the final drabble in my Reasons set is appropriately posted in November. It's The Sea, also posted in the Drabbles, Just Because section on the forum here.
mareel
Lt. Commander

Postby Kathy Rose » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Very nice, and very powerful, mareel. :applause
Kathy Rose
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts