the delphic expanse

Musical Drabble Game

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

Re: Musical Drabble Game

Postby Artisticmom2 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:31 pm

FANTASTIC! That was such a hard song to work with! Well done! :clap
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Nice job Glory you ceratinly showed Trip's anger at Koss forcing T'Pol to Marry Him in your story. :clap
Reanok
Captain

Postby Artisticmom2 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Don't ask how I got from the lyrics of Elton John's song Not Me to here... it was a strange trip from point a to b ;)

“Are you ready to do this?” Trip asked.
“I’ve been ready for a long time. I’m only sorry it took so long.” I replied, straightening my tie in the mirror.
“I thought you were too dense to realize she loved you all this time.”
“Ha Ha.” I replied flatly. “Actually, I’ve been asking her for years. She kept turning me down. She had things to prove to herself.”
“Huh, go figure. I never would’ve guessed. You guys sure kept it quiet.”
Malcolm poked his head in the door. “It’s time.”
We walked out into the church, and took our places.

Next song.... Baby, It's Cold Outside by Dean Martin (redone by many) and the lyrics here
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Reanok » Fri May 25, 2012 11:17 am

:cheering Great story Artistic Mom I really liked it alot. :hearteyes
Reanok
Captain

Postby Glory1863 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Ohhh, I really like it, Artisticmom2. :D I was kind of expecting an Archer/Tucker lament on how Tucker ended up with T'Pol instead or maybe even Koss singing essentially the same song. How could TnT (either one of them) throw their world away to be with someone (else) 'til their dying day? But then, I had just seen Verdi's Aida at the Lyric, so I was thinking along more or less traditional lines. ;)

I can definitely see Archer as the singer. Verse 1 is season 1 where he's got everything he thinks he wants - Dad's engine in space and the captaincy. Verse 2 is later, maybe in the Expanse, where being captain is lonely and the questions he never bothered to ask before are very hard. He's got enough class not to envy TnT, but he loves Hoshi, finds that her love is something he needs, but she keeps turning him down. When she finally says "yes", he's amazed that she'd really throw away her safe, academic world back in Brazil to stay with him. At least, that's how I'd do your A to B. Like I said, I really like it! 8-)

So, how DID you get from A to B? :?:
MR_Beautiful avatar by M&M (Mareel and Misplaced)
Glory1863
Captain

Postby paulinem » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Very good, Artisticmom! :cheering I do love how the imagination can take you places you never expect! :D

Enterprise S5 Website
The continuing adventures of a show that ended too soon...
paulinem
Captain

Postby Artisticmom2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:10 pm

This thread has sat for far too long..... here is a TnT double drabble response to the song, Baby, It's Cold Outside by Dean Martin. Italics are direct quotes from the song.

I really can’t stay,” she said turning away.

Baby,” he began, but trailed. He sighed, “I know, you’ve got to go…. away.”

This evening has been…” she paused, “...so very nice,” she finished quoting one of his favorite songs. In the morning she would be married.

They stood in the doorway of his room, in her mother’s house, their silence speaking volumes. She was bound to a duty that he could never understand and she knew that it hurt him. If she was honest, it hurt her too, but she could never admit that. If she did her existence as a member of her species would be called into question and at this point it was all she had left.

She closed her eyes, her nostrils flaring in an effort to control the emotion that surged within her.

He bent, kissed her gently on the forehead, and then turned back into his room, breaking the contact first before her control faltered. The door closed. He leaned against the wall for support, hearing her walk away, and whispered to himself the next line of the song, knowing that it represented her life from that moment on, “Oh, but it’s cold outside.

I am hesitant to name a next song and bring the thread to a halt again.... I don't listen to contemporary music often.... ok, consulted my resident teen... next song is by Maroon 5, One More Night.
Artisticmom2
Captain

Previous

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts