the delphic expanse

DRABBLES--"just because"!

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

Re: DRABBLES--

Postby Lillith » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:19 pm

My heart hurts. Fix it, please???
Lillith
Lieutenant

Postby Frakme » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:32 pm

T'Pol looks vulnerable in that picture, especially with her foot tucked around her ankle, that was a nice touch, Blue Tiger. Beautiful drawing as usual!
What I wouldn't give to have an Episode of Enterprise where Trip somehow manages to loses his uniform and gets covered in Nutella.

Aeryn: And you say you want to go back to that place of pain and suffering!
John: Well you guys don't have chocolate!
Frakme
Commander

Postby bluetiger » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:13 am

Lillith, I'm sorry your heart hurts :(

Frakme, thank you. That is what I was going for. I figured that T'Pol would show her pain with body language.
bluetiger

Postby Aquarius » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Reanok wrote:
bluetiger wrote:Comfort

When Trip and T’Pol purchased their farm, Trip didn’t realize how relaxing he would find restoring the antique truck that came with the deal. He had spent the morning elbows deep in the old engine.

Trip heard his wife approaching and sat on the truck seat wiping his hands on a rag. He could tell by her demeanor that something was wrong.

A dear family member was quite ill and Trip feared the worst.

T’Pol slid into his arms seeking comfort, practically melting against him. He knew before she spoke the words.

T’Pol sighed into his shoulder. “Soval is gone.”

What a lovely picture and great story too.

What a sad and tender moment. You captured their closeness quite nicely! And I bet Trip is going to spend a lot of time working on that truck to take his mind off of things. Nice work!
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby bluetiger » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:39 am

Cracks

Trip felt as if he was walking through water as they trudged down the corridor to T’Pol’s quarters.

This day had gone from euphoric at the destruction of the spheres, to heart crushing at the loss of his dear friend and captain.

When T’Pol suggested neuro-pressure, Trip didn’t think either of them even had enough undamaged skin to work with.

Silently, they stripped to their regulation underwear. T’Pol stepped in close, resting her forehead against Trip’s cheek. He could feel her exhaustion.

He wondered to himself which was worse, the cracks in their skin, or the cracks in their souls.

bluetiger

Postby Cap'n Frances » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Beautiful drabble! I especially liked the last line and the accompanying drawing was great.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby Reanok » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:53 pm

BlueTiger I really like your drabble and your drawing. :cheering
Reanok
Captain

Postby bluetiger » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Thank you so much, Cap'n Frances and Reanok. I appreciate you both giving it a read and a look.
bluetiger

Postby Aquarius » Sat May 23, 2015 11:55 pm

bluetiger wrote:Cracks

Trip felt as if he was walking through water as they trudged down the corridor to T’Pol’s quarters.

This day had gone from euphoric at the destruction of the spheres, to heart crushing at the loss of his dear friend and captain.

When T’Pol suggested neuro-pressure, Trip didn’t think either of them even had enough undamaged skin to work with.

Silently, they stripped to their regulation underwear. T’Pol stepped in close, resting her forehead against Trip’s cheek. He could feel her exhaustion.

He wondered to himself which was worse, the cracks in their skin, or the cracks in their souls.

Oh, my goodness. This is gorgeous on so many levels. :heartbeat
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby bluetiger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks, Aquarius. I just can't seem to help myself :lol:

And for all the fanfics out there where the Enterprise never located the Xyrillians! I give you...

My Girl

“Is she here?” Trip asked, awareness returning.

“I’ll get her.” Phlox moved away.

“Thanks Doc,” Trip glanced at the incision across his abdomen.

Phlox returned, placing Trip’s daughter in his lap.

Trip instantly lost his heart. He gently caressed her head, feeling a slight electric crackle from her dermal plating. She’s perfect, he thought.

Softly he spoke, “Hi, Baby Girl.”

According to Phlox, nutrient reservoirs in his side would provide what the baby needed through his wrist nipples.

Easing her onto her right side, Trip moved his wrist to her mouth. “Let’s see how you like this, my beautiful girl.”

bluetiger

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts