the delphic expanse

DRABBLES--"just because"!

Here's where we'll post challenges, word prompts, round robins and other fun stuff.

Re: DRABBLES--

Postby Artisticmom2 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:35 pm

A triple drabble in honor of Fall....

An unusual smell wafted down the corridor as T'Pol walked towards the mess hall. It was not unpleasant, but it was unlike anything that she had smelled, warm and inviting, so different than the ship, cold and metallic. As she turned the corner and approached the door she noticed a long excited queue forming. Puzzled, she stopped and pondered returning later. Privacy, peace, and Plomeek soup was what she craved at present. As she stood there Trip came out of the crowd, spotted her and grinned, a plate and two forks in his hand.

"T'Pol! Pumpkin Pie!" he said shoving the plate close to her nose.

"Ah, the source of the unusual smell," she replied pulling back, the smell intense to her Vulcan senses. "Is that the cause of all this... excitement?"

"You bet! A little slice of home I can't believe Star Fleet was able to supply us! Chef kept it a secret!"

"What is the significance?"

Trip smiled and inhaled the scent. "It's significant because this is a traditional Earth dessert served at Thanksgiving. Before you ask, Thanksgiving is a holiday where humans give thanks for the good in their lives."

He paused and looked uncertain. "Would you like to share it? The pie?"

He saw the hesitation on her face and added, "Pie is best when eaten with friends. When I got my piece I thought of you. I wanted you to be able to try this. I even have another fork."

Nodding her head she reached for the fork. At his encouraging look she took a bite. Flavor exploded in her mouth unlike anything she had ever experienced. She closed her eyes, savoring it. When she opened them she found Trip smiling at her. Perhaps humans, even this one, had something to offer the universe after all.
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby HopefulNebula » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Missing scene from Terra Prime.

T’Pol isn’t sure what to do with babies. She’s learned about the theories and techniques, anticipating her own eventual family, but faced with a real one, she finds herself stymied.

At least the infant on her lap seems equally confused.

T’Pol finds herself transfixed. It would be illogical to endanger the baby through a direct escape attempt, at any rate.

The baby blinks at her. T’Pol blinks back.

It’s her own mother’s voice T’Pol hears in her mind: She needs to learn who you are. Just talk to her; the exact words are irrelevant.

“Hello. I am your mother.”
HopefulNebula
Lt. Commander

Postby panyasan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:30 am

Wonderful scene and so fitting with what we saw on the screen. :cheering
panyasan
Commander

Postby Reanok » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 pm

:cheering That's a great scene with T'pol and the baby. I really liked this story. :hearteyes
Reanok
Captain

Postby Cap'n Frances » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Great missing scene. I loved T'Pol hearing her mother's voice as she begins to be a mother.
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby HopefulNebula » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm

I have an announcement and a shiny!

I'm finally importing my ENT drabbles from here to AO3 (though I'm not deleting anything from here, I promise). Link to the collection is http://archiveofourown.org/series/755739

The shiny, because I am utterly predictable about the OTP I've had for... jeez, more than half my life now... is below.

-----

Archer chooses Trip to accompany him to the stranded Betazoid ship and ignores the comments about Trip’s history with alien women. Trip’s said he doesn’t mind much, and if he did he could always stop them, so why break with tradition?

So when all five women (and two men) on board make passes at Archer while remaining friendly yet professional with Trip, Archer has to pull their captain aside and ask.

“You wouldn’t see it,” she says, “but it’s clear he belongs to another. He might as well have her name tattooed on his face.”

Well. He'd figured as much.

...Right, I should also add this and the previous one to the archive here too.
HopefulNebula
Lt. Commander

Previous

Return to Challenges and Word Prompts