the delphic expanse

General Trek Book Discussion

From the Relaunch series to the Glass Empire stories, talk about Enterprise profic here.

Re: General Trek Book Discussion

Postby Aquarius » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:11 pm

That, and reminding them that allowing us to celebrate our fandoms in a creative way (stories, art, videos) keeps us motivated and interested....enthusiastic....and motivated, interested, and enthusiastic fans spend money on licensed crap. It's when you allow (dare I say force?) fans to forget or become apathetic that you stop making money.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:56 pm

I've moved all the planning posts related to the "save Trek profic campaign" to the appropriate thread to clear this one up for general Trek book discussions again.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Oh, thanks, EntAllat! 8-) I had the thought to do that too, before things fell apart at home, and I forgot to mention it.

Gonna be a while before I can read the new book, but I already have my Christmas break planned! LOL
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Aquarius wrote:Oh, thanks, EntAllat! 8-) I had the thought to do that too, before things fell apart at home, and I forgot to mention it.

No problem! :) I figured it'd be part of my general organizing this campaign. :)

Aquarius wrote:Gonna be a while before I can read the new book, but I already have my Christmas break planned! LOL

Me too. Looking forward to it, but I suspect I'll skim the whole darn thing first and then end up reading it over the Christmas break.

BTW, here's an updated list of profic for Enterprise in case any one needs it in time for Christmas planning:

Episode adaptations:
Enterprise: Broken Bow
Enterprise: Shockwave
Enterprise: The Expanse

Novels (pre-relaunch):
By the Book
Surak's Soul
What Price Honor
Daedalus (part one of two)
Daedalus's Children (part two of two)
Rosetta
Last Full Measure

Novels (re-launch):
The Good That Men Do
Kobayashi Maru
The Romulan War: Beneath The Raptor's Wing
The Romulan War: To Brave The Storm

Short Stories/Entries in:
Star Trek Mirror Universe: Glass Empires
Star Trek Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows
Star Trek: Tales From The Captain's Table
Star Trek Myriad Universes: Infinity's Prism
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 6
Tales From The Captain's Table

In Manuals, etc.:
Star Trek Star Charts

Star Trek Mirror Universe: Glass Empires
Star Trek Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows
Star Trek: Tales From The Captain's Table
Star Trek Myriad Universes: Infinity's Prism
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 6: Savior
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 7
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 8
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 9
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 10

Also major storyline present all of the books of:
Star Trek: Destiny Trilogy
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Woot! There's a new book coming out in just a few weeks, with Archer on the cover:
Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures by Christopher L. Bennett

With that news, I thought I'd post an update of this:

List of profic for Star Trek: Enterprise

Episode adaptations:
Star Trek: Enterprise: Broken Bow by Diane Carey
Star Trek: Enterprise: Shockwave by Paul Ruditis
Star Trek: Enterprise: The Expanse by J.M. Dillard

Novels (pre-relaunch):
Star Trek: Enterprise: By the Book by Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch
Star Trek: Enterprise: Surak's Soul by J.M. Dillard
Star Trek: Enterprise: What Price Honor by Dave Stern
Star Trek: Enterprise: Daedalus (part one of two) by Dave Stern
Star Trek: Enterprise: Daedalus's Children (part two of two) by Dave Stern
Star Trek: Enterprise: Rosetta by Dave Stern
Star Trek: Enterprise: Last Full Measure by Michael A. Martin and Andy Mangels

Novels (re-launch):
Star Trek: Enterprise: The Good That Men Do by Andy Mangels and Michael A. Martin
Star Trek: Enterprise: Kobayashi Maru by Michael A. Martin and Andy Mangels
Star Trek: Enterprise: The Romulan War: Beneath The Raptor's Wing by Michael A. Martin
Star Trek: Enterprise: The Romulan War: To Brave The Storm by Michael A. Martin
Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures by Christopher L. Bennett

In Manuals, etc.:
Star Trek Star Charts: The Complete Atlas of Star Trek by Geoffrey Mandel
Federation the First 150 years by David A. Goodman

Star Trek Mirror Universe: Glass Empires by David Mack, Greg Cox, Mike Sussman and Dayton Ward
Star Trek Mirror Universe: Shards and Shadows by Margaret Clarke and Marco Palmieri
Star Trek: Tales From The Captain's Table by Keith R. A. DeCandido
Star Trek Myriad Universes: Infinity's Prism by Christopher L. Bennett, William Leisner and James Swallow
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 5: "Remnant" by James J and Louisa M. Swann, "A Girl for Every Star" by John Takis & "Hoshi's Gift" by Kelle Vozka
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 6: "Savior" by Julie Hyzy, "Preconceptions" by Penny A Proctor & "Cabin E-14" by Shane Zeranski
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 7: "Earthquake Weather" by Lousia M. Swann
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 8: "Egg Drop Soup" by Robert Burke Richardson, "Hero" by Lorraine Anderson & "Insanity" by A. Rhea King
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 9: "Rounding a Corner Already Turned" by Allison Cain, "Mother Nature's Little Reminders" by A Rhea King & "Mestral" Ben Gilfoy
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Vol. 10: "The Dream" by Robyn Sullivent Gries, "Universal Chord" by Carolyn Winifred & "You Are Not in Space" by Edgar Governo

Also major storyline present all of the books of:
Star Trek: Destiny Trilogy by David Mack

Gets a mention in...
Forgotten History by C.L. Bennett (TOS)

Coming soon:
History's Shadow by Dayton Ward (August 2013, TOS, Mestral reportedly makes an appearance)
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby EntAllat » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:14 pm

The newest ENT novel is out!

New Enterprise Novel, A Choice of Futures, Available Today

The cover is a nice image of Archer, in what looks like his dress uniform.

The publisher, Simon and Schuster's, blurb:

A new nation has arisen from the ashes of the Romulan War: the United Federation of Planets, an unprecedented union of diverse species cooperating for the good of all. Admiral Jonathan Archer—the former captain of the Earth starship Enterprise, whose efforts made this union possible—envisions a vibrant Federation promoting galactic peace and a multispecies Starfleet dedicated to exploring strange new worlds. Archer’s former crewmates, including Captain T’Pol of the U.S.S. Endeavour and Captain Malcolm Reed of the U.S.S. Pioneer, work with him to secure that bright future. Yet others within the Federation see its purpose as chiefly military, a united defense against a dangerous galaxy, while some of its neighbors view that military might with suspicion and fear. And getting the member nations, their space fleets, and even their technologies to work together as a unified whole is an ongoing challenge.

When a new threat emerges from a force so alien and hostile that negotiation seems impossible, a group of unaligned worlds asks Starfleet to come to its defense, and the Federation’s leaders seize the opportunity to build their reputation as an interstellar power. But Archer fears the conflict is building toward an unnecessary war, potentially taking the young nation down a path it was never meant to follow. Archer and his allies strive to find a better solution . . . but old foes are working secretly to sabotage their efforts and ensure that the great experiment called the Federation comes to a quick and bloody end.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby tish » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:05 am

I ordered mine from Amazon....along with Paula Deen's Southern cookbook. I believe in supporting those whom MSM has maligned for tenuous reasons. Since the latest rap lyrics are similar, and no rape, animal cruelty, murder, perjury under oath, or fraud has occurred...I think Paula deserves our support.
TRIP: Hold on. You never said anything about feet.
T'POL: Is that a problem?
TRIP: Well, for one thing, I haven't had a shower since this morning, and I know how sensitive that Vulcan nose of your can be.And I'm a little ticklish.Maybe more than a little.
tish
Commander

Previous

Return to Enterprise Books