the delphic expanse

The Relaunch Books - Spoiler Discussion

From the Relaunch series to the Glass Empire stories, talk about Enterprise profic here.

The Relaunch Books - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Honeybee » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 am

You can use this thread to have a full on spoiler discussion of The Good that Men Do, Kobyashu Maru, The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wings and any subsequent books.

I'm just going to say that The Romulan War book left me on the edge of my seat, despite me finding the separation of the now very much together TNT a bit contrived. I recognize that Martin has to stick within canon, so Trip can't officially come out from the cold, dammit.

My guesses:

Sodok, Trip's Vulcan cover identity, will become T'Pol's husband of historical record, since they are very much mated at the end of the story.

I have a theory that Denak and Sopek might be the same person, and since T'Pol had very little contact with Sopek in Shadows of P'Jem this could be a possibility.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Destinye » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:12 am

I've got all three of the books in the relaunch series. I've read them about twice atleast. I'm just anxious for the next one ^^
{You're good at fixing things, I'm good at blowing them up}; Lieutenant Reed
Destinye
Commander

Postby Honeybee » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:39 am

Seriously.

I've got theories about the whole spy plotline. Many theories.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Reanok » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:23 am

I 'm really looking forward to finding out if T'Pol's friends are double agents for the Romulans.It seems like that could be the case.T'Pol has become supicious of Y'Cha and Denak. Before she left Vulcan told Trip goodbye.
Reanok
Captain

Postby Destinye » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:27 am

Honeybee wrote:Seriously.

I've got theories about the whole spy plotline. Many theories.

O.o. I'd love to hear some.
{You're good at fixing things, I'm good at blowing them up}; Lieutenant Reed
Destinye
Commander

Re: The Relaunch Books - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Trip-ZG » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:58 pm

I read TGTMD, KM, RW:BTRW, and I just cant wait for the second book, for me TGTMD was a good damage bumper for the series finale, well it sure fixed something.
By my guess we all bought the book instantly when we found out that you know who is alive, I could say I was expecting more TnT, but I was happy with Trip just being there.
The Romulan War gave us a fair amount of TnT, and the end , oh the end is great.
I loved the moment when T'pol decides it didn't matter what is next, and then came the Caesars phrase. Hell the moment when T'pol was going back to Enterprise they hear each others thaughts and they were one and the same was a nice one, and well written.
I guess that, more TnT was M.A. Martin doing this book alone.
˝We've crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned behind me, come what may˝
Trip-ZG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Honeybee » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Martin, I think, gave the best TnT he could give in the last book. It's not a romance novel, and their bond is a key plot point. He also makes it clear they are married at the end, at least by Syrannite standards. He's said in interviews he intends to give them the happy ending they were denied in that episode that is not the final, and I'm looking forward to it.

edited to add. Might as well shamelessly link to my latest drabble, inspired by the books. For the Summer
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Reanok » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:57 am

I found out that Trip&T'Pol have a larger storyline in the new book when it comes to unraveling more than one mysterry on Vulcan. I can't wait to see what mysteries they find on Vulcan,As Honeybee mentioned these 2 deserve their Happy ending!
Reanok
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Awesome news! Thanks Reanok.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Trip-ZG » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:34 am

Reanok wrote:I found out that Trip&T'Pol have a larger storyline in the new book when it comes to unraveling more than one mysterry on Vulcan. I can't wait to see what mysteries they find on Vulcan,As Honeybee mentioned these 2 deserve their Happy ending!

Reanok, great to see you here. I guess we'll have to wait and see, I'm sure hope it's going to be intense.
If I'm right it's scheduled for release in paperback format in November 2011.
˝We've crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned behind me, come what may˝
Trip-ZG
Lieutenant JG

Next

Return to Enterprise Books