the delphic expanse

Hoshi and T'Pol

Discuss guy friendship here! Discuss girl/guy friendship here! Discuss girl friendship. Whatever. If it's platonic, this is the spot.

Re: Hoshi and T'Pol

Postby Verse Ranger » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Just to add a wrinkle to this discussion. Perhaps, if there had been a history between Jon and Hoshi before the Enterprise launched (either an actually relationship, or simply flirting with the idea of something more in the future), then Hoshi might be a little unhappy with the interest that Jon is showing T'Pol in the first couple of seasons. I imagine it would be difficult for Hoshi to be offering advice to someone she saw as a potential rival for Jon's attention. Of course, Hoshi might get over that once it was clear that T'Pol's interests were more focused on Trip after season 3.
Verse Ranger
Ensign

Postby panyasan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 am

That's a really interesting thougth. I never thought about it, but it makes perfect sense. I do believe Jon and Hoshi had some kind of relationship before they were both stationed on Enterprise and I think Hoshi's expectations about their relationship were somehow crushed. That would hurt, so she wouldn't be so happy if she was thinking that Jon had in interest in T'Pol now. BTW, I don't think that Jon had a real interest in T'Pol, but that's a different story. 8-)
panyasan
Commander

Postby Verse Ranger » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:53 pm

panyasan wrote:That's a really interesting thougth. I never thought about it, but it makes perfect sense. I do believe Jon and Hoshi had some kind of relationship before they were both stationed on Enterprise and I think Hoshi's expectations about their relationship were somehow crushed. That would hurt, so she wouldn't be so happy if she was thinking that Jon had in interest in T'Pol now. BTW, I don't think that Jon had a real interest in T'Pol, but that's a different story. 8-)

I think this could actually be the foundation of a very interesting friendship, as Hoshi comes to feel a sense of commonality with T'Pol's situation with Trip in season 4.
Verse Ranger
Ensign

Previous

Return to Bromances and Other Friendships