the delphic expanse

Who is your OT3?

No, we don't mean the communications corporate giant. If threesomes aren't your thing, RUN!!!

Who is your OT3?

Postby Mistress Euclid » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:17 pm

So, it should be obvious to everyone that my OT3 is AT&T?

Anyone else prefer something else? I'm an open minded person, obviously. Discuss here.
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Honeybee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm going to be totally boring and say A/T/T!
:smitten
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Kathy Rose » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm partial to T/R/S myself.

But, if it's well written, I'll read anything. :thumbsup
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Aquarius » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Okay. i confess. I used to be a fanfic prude.

And then Mistress Euclid corrupted me. :twisted:

So I'd have to say AT&T, though I think it's still strange to think of myself in terms of having an OT3 LOL. :lol:
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Section69 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:13 am

I'm pretty open to anything as long as it's well written, though OT3s are new to me too.

For pairings of any sort (het OR slash) that I've never read before I prefer the romance to either be well justified or setup in each character's mind before they come together, or then something romantic occurs as an in-the-moment kind of thing that they spend a good amount of time sorting out later. (And slash doesn't have to be NC17 for it to be appealing to me.) For that reason I usually seek out a "first time" fic that fans of that OT rave about. Ergo, Mistress Euclid is now responsible for my liking AT&T. :D

I've always liked both TnT and T/R fic so naturally my OT3 is T/T/R. If I write my own fic for it it'll probably be more of a vee situ than a triad - and it's Tucker, not T'Pol, in the middle of it.

I'm wondering if there are any ENT fics out there that explore Andorian or Denobulan culture and relationships well, or if that's something I should try my hand at. (I know there's been some Trek fics that explore Andorian culture.) The Denobulans don't seem as appealing, but probably only because I always picture Phlox and not Feezal or the snotty but kinda cute Denobulan scientist from "The Breach". :D
Section69
Lieutenant JG

Postby Honeybee » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:57 am

I can point you to my own work, A Mirror Cracked, for an exploration of Andorian culture - which I invented to contrast with the Vulcan tendency toward monogamy.

It's a TnT story. I don't want to spoil all the particulars of the plot, but I had Talas and then Shran appear as characters - both of whom express sexual interest in Tucker. Shran also expresses sexual interest in T'Pol - by sending his wife to seduce Tucker, since quid pro quo would be expected. I set it up in the story that in a quad marriage, the four are faithful to each other - but before the quad is closed (such as Shran being married to only one woman) - it is expected they would seek outside partners. Monogamy is silly to them. I also set up the idea of a human character entering into one of these quad marriages, which will be developed if I write a sequel.

Basically, it was tons of fun imagining a pansexual culture that had no hang ups about sleeping with whomever struck their fancy, without being worried about fidelity. It was also fun to think about the complexity of finding four people who would be sexually and emotionally compatible with each other.

The Andorian stuff was all "B plot" but it was gloriously fun to imagine, especially in contrast with the possessive, monogamy preferred by MU T'Pol.

BTW, I love the idea of a T/Tu/R vee situation! There's loads of possibilities.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:32 am

I don't quite know what came over me, but today I had the odd idea that I wanted to read (or write) an Archer/T'Pol/Reed. I don't even know if such a thing exists, but I love the chemistry between A/T in the show, and the chemistry between A/R... so... it may work? Two positives don't necessarily make another positive. What is it they say, too many cooks spoil the broth? I'd hate to have spoiled broth, but I think it could play out well. The idea of having T'Pol in a polyamorous relationship is something I've wanted to try for a while (and seen done so well by others), but TnT doesn't really do it for me.

However, in contradiction to my last statement, I have been dipping my toes into T/T/R and unexpectedly enjoying it. Does anyone have any recommendations for that threesome? Is there any out there besides "The Logical Solution" by Surya, that's the only one I've read so far.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Mistress Euclid » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:06 am

I've only ever seen "The Logical Solution" as far as T/T/R fics go - if anyone else knows of a good one, please do enlighten us! Although, Honeybee's recent G-rated sdrabble in The Drabble Game could be interpreted at T/T/R!

And I've never seen a A/T/R fic, so you would have that 3some all to yourself, Mr. Smith! If you write it - please, please post here! I would be very curious how that would play out.
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Mr Smith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:14 am

Actually, a few minutes after writing that post, I remembered that I began a fic that I actually converted into an original novel based around that threesome and the events of Terra Prime. So, something must have struck me already, but I can't remember how I decided it had come about. This deserves some time and attention, methinks.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Kathy Rose » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 am

Section69 wrote:I'm wondering if there are any ENT fics out there that explore Andorian or Denobulan culture and relationships well, or if that's something I should try my hand at. (I know there's been some Trek fics that explore Andorian culture.) The Denobulans don't seem as appealing, but probably only because I always picture Phlox and not Feezal or the snotty but kinda cute Denobulan scientist from "The Breach". :D

I have to pimp the story I co- wrote with Kylie Lee, Covert Blue. It's a Reed/Shran story, but it delves quite a bit into Andorian family structure, which is helped by an assortment of other Andorians brought into the mix.

(Hey! It worked, Glory! Thanks for the info on how to put the links!)

(Updated to add: Okay, I still have some figuring out to do... the link won't allow access, but you can go to the Warp 5 complex and find it that way. Sheeesh. Computers.)
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Next

Return to AT&T and Other Threesomes/Moresomes (A Little Bit Het, a Little Bit Slash, and a Whole Lot of Fun!)