the delphic expanse

Reed and Shran

A fan of Archer/Shran or how about Reed/Hayes - here's the place to discuss.

Reed and Shran

Postby Kathy Rose » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:56 pm

I have never seen many, if any, with this pairing. So a while back, Kylie Lee and I co-wrote "Covert Blue." It's at Warp 5, and is rated NC-17.

It's rather lengthy, but then, it took us six months to write, even working on it on a fairly consistent basis.
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:18 pm

You me this story?

You've really intrigued me - so I'll add it to the list. I have a soft spot for pansexual Andorians - so this seems very much like my cup of tea.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Kathy Rose » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Yep, that's the one.

Sorry I haven't figured out how to do that link thingie yet. It's probably something really simple. Thanks for putting the link in for me. :notworthy
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Glory1863 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:48 pm

As a general comment, even if ya'll don't buy Shran/Reed together (I tried but failed) but like them separately and even if NC-17 isn't really your thing (there's a few of us left), the basic espionage story is really good and Shran is his usual charming pain-in-the-tail self. I'd still give it a look. Ya'll can always bleep over anything that's not your cup of tea.

Kylie Lee also has a Reed/Soval pairing which is a little different. Strangely enough, I could buy this one, although I found it, on one level at least, a bit disturbing. I'd give it the NC-17 for that implication even more than for the sex scenes which really have kind of an art house feel to them. Oh, and there is one scene that made me think maybe Kylie had watched one too many of Trip's low-budget horror films. :lol:

White Heat, Blue Fire
MR_Beautiful avatar by M&M (Mareel and Misplaced)
Glory1863
Captain

Postby Honeybee » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:19 pm

So, I read Covert Blue today, and I have to also totally endorse that fic. I would have totally thought Shran/Archer a more natural pairing - but once the story began - I completely bought into their relationship and how it developed. Reed, in particular, seems very well in character given his spy background.

I also liked how Kylie Lee and Kathy Rose really made it clear that the the cultural differences between the two aren't just of a sexual/romantic nature - these two have radically difference world views. Excellent fic.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Return to Other Pairings (Slash)