the delphic expanse

Slashiest A/R eps!

By popular demand, here's the place where Archer/Reed shippers can represent.

Slashiest A/R eps!

Postby entkayjay » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:54 pm

In gratitude for the mods granting A/R its own forum, I present a poll as directed!

Feel free to add episodes in the comments!
entkayjay
Commander

Postby Honeybee » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:59 pm

I voted for The Communicator - since there's affection there. The tension in Affliction/Divergence is hot, too!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby mareel » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Yay!! Thank you for the forum!

Voting in this one was hard -- all of the above would qualify. Another than comes to mind is Judgement. Their smiles in the rescue scene should have melted that ice cave.

But I picked Minefield. It moves from a very awkward breakfast (like nothing so much as a first date) thru some serious trust-building on the hull, and ends with the two of them looking pretty happy to be alive and together.
Last edited by mareel on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mareel
Lt. Commander

Postby Aquarius » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:20 pm

I picked Affliction/Divergence...but it was almost Minefield.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Mistress Euclid » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:13 am

I picked Minefield!
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Mr Smith » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:02 am

The the subtext and tension in Affliction/Divergence just exemplify everything that's wonderful about the pairing for me, and I love how they regard and react to each other before/during/after the awkward situation and the difficult positions it places them all in. Malcolm clearly holds betraying Archer as the worst thing about what he has done, and Archer is extraordinarily hurt (it's all too easy to add further personal/romantic hurt to that too), and Malcolm's affirmed loyalty by the end is just... I could write a thousand fics about it.

The others all had some amazing moments, though, so it was still a tough decision. Minefield, of course, would be a close second, Malcolm's awkwardness was so endearing and Archer proving his nature and dedication to (that one particular member of) his crew will always be a winner.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby entkayjay » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:49 am

Mr Smith wrote:Malcolm's affirmed loyalty by the end is just... I could write a thousand fics about it.

*waits*

:happydance
entkayjay
Commander

Postby Aquarius » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 am

^ No kidding!

(We need a "hurry up" emoticon!!)
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 am

Well, I am working on a series of Archer/Reed fics that includes a lot of episode codas and probably missing scenes, so... maybe I can squeeze something in there. Except the betrayal is going to run so much deeper. :twisted:
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby entkayjay » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:14 am

Oh, I loves me some A/R angst (with a happy ending, natch, but I'll take what I can get!)

Mareel... not so much on the angst. :whistle
entkayjay
Commander

Next

Return to Archer and Reed (Slash)