the delphic expanse

Archer/Reed fic recs

By popular demand, here's the place where Archer/Reed shippers can represent.

Archer/Reed fic recs

Postby entkayjay » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Thought we could use a topic for this.

I'll start with a rec from one of my bff's, In The Bleak Midwinter by MJ. Warnings for dark material, character death. (Spoiler: not one of our boys.)

I'm reccing this because I really like MJ's insight into Malcolm, in all his incarnations. He's always a very complex character, which I think is one reason people are drawn to him. But MJ tends to go places with him that not many others will, taking me out of the fanon box, so to speak. No sex in this one, but lots of humanity.
entkayjay
Commander

Postby Mr Smith » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:23 pm

I swear I was going to get on making this thread, but I am a procrastinator at heart.

Some of my favourites:

The Because series by Shi Shi, a little cheeky, but so much unashamed Malcolm ogling.

Water, Ice, Snow by Kylie Lee, bleak (minor character death) but beautiful.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Aquarius » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:09 pm

If I can ever peel myself away from the boards and homework long enough, I'm totally gonna check those out! Keep the recs coming, too. I've noticed a trend around here of people giving 'ships and genres a try that they don't normally read, so the recs are helpful who aren't in the know yet. 8)
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby entkayjay » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Mr Smith wrote:so much unashamed Malcolm ogling.

And right back atcha! I finally remembered the title of one with Malcolm doing the narrative of his favorite male landscape: Worship by Kipli.

:lol:
entkayjay
Commander

Postby mareel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Hard to know where to start with A/R recs, but one I'd like to mention is The Message by kayjayuu. This is my favorite post-Affliction/Divergence fic, just beautiful.
mareel
Lt. Commander

Postby entkayjay » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:24 am

Long fic, but wonderfully written:

Circle's End.

You'll cry.
entkayjay
Commander

Postby Section69 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Mr Smith wrote:I swear I was going to get on making this thread, but I am a procrastinator at heart.

Some of my favourites:

The Because series by Shi Shi, a little cheeky, but so much unashamed Malcolm ogling.

Water, Ice, Snow by Kylie Lee, bleak (minor character death) but beautiful.

I feel like you are the resident expert on A/R shippiness, Mr. Smith, so I'll definitely give these a read. :)
Section69
Lieutenant JG

Postby Honeybee » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:11 pm

So, we've made a couple of Reed/Archer fics our picks of the day. But keep the recommendations coming, we want to represent the Reed/Archer shippers who are such an appreciated part of this community!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby entkayjay » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:23 pm

And I was just thinking about doing this!

Without Change, part of a series by the lovely Mareel!

I adore the atmosphere created in this fic, along with the slow and gentle advancement of their relationship. One of my favorites!

Oh, as an aside, your eyes are not deceiving you: that's a geocities page. For no apparent reasons, Mareel's site lives on when everyone else's has died!
entkayjay
Commander

Postby mareel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:28 am

Kay's post made me think about some of the fics that were important to me and that I always enjoy revisiting. One is Ithaca by TarynEve, which is the story that prompted me to start writing.

The other is Husks by Juli. It's set in early Season 3 and really burns to the heart of their relationship. Porthos plays an important part, and one of Jon's lines referring to him makes me tear up every time.
mareel
Lt. Commander

Next

Return to Archer and Reed (Slash)