the delphic expanse

Malcolm & Talas

Think Archer & T'Pau should have hooked up? Still clinging to Reed/T'Pol because of Shuttlepod One? On board with the weirdness that is Soval/Amanda? Make a thread and make your case!

Re: Malcolm & Talas

Postby Mr Smith » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Honeybee wrote:But I've always been kind of obsessed with Andoria and Andorians as the opposite of Vulcans, and I also played around with that in the story. Ice versus desert. Emotion versus logic. Now that I think about it, a Talas/Malcolm romance could really provide a compliment to a TnT romance. Two guy friends fall in love with women who are literal opposites. Malcolm, the emotionally distant human, falls for the hyper emotional Andorian; Trip, the emotive human, falls for the Vulcan. Possibilities, that's all I'm saying. :)

That is brilliant! I love this idea of opposites.

I also just rewatched Proving Ground and there's a very interesting glance between them as they finish their work on the phase couplers that just reeks of sexual tension. The music at this point is also fantastic.

I need to start doing more research about Andorians to see if I can make something work...
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby Kelly » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:48 am

Mr Smith wrote:
Honeybee wrote:But I've always been kind of obsessed with Andoria and Andorians as the opposite of Vulcans, and I also played around with that in the story. Ice versus desert. Emotion versus logic. Now that I think about it, a Talas/Malcolm romance could really provide a compliment to a TnT romance. Two guy friends fall in love with women who are literal opposites. Malcolm, the emotionally distant human, falls for the hyper emotional Andorian; Trip, the emotive human, falls for the Vulcan. Possibilities, that's all I'm saying. :)

I also just rewatched Proving Ground and there's a very interesting glance between them as they finish their work on the phase couplers that just reeks of sexual tension. The music at this point is also fantastic.

I need to start doing more research about Andorians to see if I can make something work...

I would love to read a story of this magnitude, they had exceedingly good chemistry in that episode...

As for Andorians I did a bit of reading on them myself as I was intrigued and this is a pretty cool site

http://www.ussgalaxy.net/database/speci ... dorian.htm

Erm not that I am encouraging you or anything, okay maybe I am :stickpoke
Kelly
Lieutenant

Postby panyasan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Go for it, Mr. Smith. I thought Malcolm had the most chemistry with Talas and I always thought it was a waste opportunity we didn't see more of them. (I didn't like her pairing up with Shran). If you want to stick with canon, maybe they could have something together, but in the end Talas make her choice for Shran. In any case, I would love a Malcolm/Talas story. :cheering
panyasan
Commander

Postby EntAllat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Mr Smith wrote:

Seconded! I love this idea.
EntAllat
Site Admin

Postby Kotik » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:27 am

Hm, the idea of a Malcolm/Talas story has always been at the back of my mind. Obviously it would not be possible to do it in the confines of canon, since she was paired up with Shran - somehow that whole thing struck me as a tad out-of-left-field.

Somehow I always thought that Talas sabotaged ENT, because she was ordered to, but once the sparks flew between her and Malcolm, she did it in a way that enabled him to easily find it. She started out as very standoff-ish, basically, because she never had dealings with humans, but as soon as she started to realise that there's more to the human than meets the eye, she did an attitude u-turn. When they speak about their families, she sort of reads Malcolm like an open book. I totally like that scene. :cheering
Kotik
Lieutenant JG

Postby Skywalker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 pm

I just watched "Proving Ground" for the first time a few days ago and I was immediately struck by the clear chemistry between Malcolm and Talas, as well. In fact I wish they had explored it more during Season 4, rather than going the obvious route of having Talas get together with Shran. In a recent similar thread over on TrekBBS, someone there suggested that it would have been interesting if it had been Malcolm and Talas who were sent to investigate the Romulan drone ship, rather than having Malcolm go with Trip. I wouldn't have minded seeing that.
Skywalker
Lieutenant

Postby Kotik » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Yeah, it was me, who suggested that :P
Kotik
Lieutenant JG

Postby Skywalker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Ah, that's right! Thanks, Kotik. I couldn't remember who it was exactly and I was too lazy to go and check. :lol:
Skywalker
Lieutenant

Postby Mr Smith » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm glad someone resurrected this thread because after I made it I actually started writing a Malcolm/Talas fic. Somehow it became very smut-centric, so I'm working on it slowly, as I'm not the best smut writer, but it seems fitting that their initial hook-up is quite passionate. Talas strikes me that way.
"Is that really how you see me? The eternal pessimist? The grim reaper? I don't want to die, what makes you think I want to die?"
Mr Smith
Captain

Postby EntAllat » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:33 pm

I was disappointed they killed her off. She was a great character and I have to agree - a nice foil for Malcolm, romantic or otherwise. There weren't many people that got Malcolm so irritated but Hayes, Talas and Zobral really did.

Get to work on that fic Mr. Smith! (Says the totally-not-hypocritical person with six unfinished fics just lying around.)
EntAllat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Pairings (Het)