the delphic expanse

Hayes and Sato

Think Archer & T'Pau should have hooked up? Still clinging to Reed/T'Pol because of Shuttlepod One? On board with the weirdness that is Soval/Amanda? Make a thread and make your case!

Hayes and Sato

Postby ladyrainbow » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:40 am

I'm a die-hard Reed/Sato shipper, but there have been a few stories where I've posed a "What if Hayes and Hoshi got involved?" I honestly think there was something in that first scene in "The Xindi" when Hoshi sits with the MACOs in the Mess Hall...

HOSHI: What do you think of our doctor, Sergeant? I imagine you don't run into many Denobulans in Duluth, Minnesota.
KEMPER: Actually, I'm stationed outside of Atlanta. No Denobulans, but we have our fair share of alien visitors. You must have gone pretty deep into our records. I haven't lived in Duluth since junior high school.
HOSHI: You may have left Duluth, but you've still got plenty of Duluth left in your inflections.
KEMPER: Excuse me?
HAYES: Ensign Sato's a linguist, Kemper. You give her enough time, she could probably tell you what street you grew up on.

It's one of the few scenes where Hayes isn't portrayed as such as hardass. I mean he's actually joining in when Hoshi teases Kemper about his inflections.

I always got the impression the Major may have had a soft spot for Hoshi, and maybe this might have been a reason that Malcolm disliked him so much. Hayes is perceptive enough that when Malcolm called her "a friend" that she might mean more than that.

(In my AU Switcheroo series, Hayes and Hoshi are involved with each other...at least until Malcolm comes on the scene. LOL!)
ladyrainbow
Commander

Postby Honeybee » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:00 pm

I got into this thing where I paired off Malcolm with different people depending on the story - but Hoshi in the RU.

In my E2 story - Implications - Malcolm resolves to pursue Hoshi but Hayes extends their rivalry by pursuing and winning her over first.

I think Hayes, in the E2 verse, would look around and decided which woman he wanted for his wife and go for it. He wouldn't hesitate. That's what happened in the story - while Malcolm was working up the courage to ask her out - Hayes was smart enough to ask for Xindi language lessons. On thing led to another.

And I've always written Hoshi as a woman who would appreciate a man who steps up.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Brandyjane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:39 am

It would have made an interesting component to their rivalry if the two men had been vying for Hoshi. I've toyed with writing a story about her getting involved with a MACO, though not necessarily Hayes.
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

Postby Honeybee » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Mistress Euclid has Hoshi paired off with the MACO from Iowa in her story!
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby Brandyjane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:21 pm

That's kind of what I've been thinking, Honeybee! Well, since it's been done, I don't need to do it. Instead, I need to read that story.
Brandyjane
Lt. Commander

Postby Mistress Euclid » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Oh, Hoshi and Iowa Maco are just a wee small part of my story - so you are welcome to write your own, BrandyJane!

I had Hayes/Reed paired off in that story - but I may well have paired him with Hoshi if I had decided to write him het - or perhaps I should have created a lovely Reed/Sato/Hayes triad. As Ladyrainbow pointed out earlier - mate sharing must have been common in the E2 timeline.
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Kathy Rose » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Reccing my own fic, I guess... I did two stories about Reed, Hayes, and Sato.

The first, A Major Variation,takes place after the guys get into that fight in Harbinger, and Hayes winds up flirting with Hoshi, and Hoshi flirting right back, which doesn't sit well with Reed.

The second, A Minor Irritation,which is a sequel, has Reed trying to find out what happened in Hoshi's private training session with Hayes.

Both are short stories.

However, I never considered a threesome. Perhaps I should. :D
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Return to Other Pairings (Het)