Sequel to "Never and Always..." As thousands gather at Starfleet for the memorial honoring those lost in the embassy bombing on Vulcan, Lorian and Karyn's engagement takes a surprising turn; Trip's parents arrive; and for Archer, one door closes, but another one opens.
> Archer and T'Pol
> Tucker and T'Pol
> Archer and Tucker
> Other Het Characters: Archer
, Original Character
Genre & Keywords: AU
, Episode Rewrite
, Pon Farr
, RomanceStory Type: StoryWarnings: OC
Challenges: Series: Reconnecting Series - Book II
July 15, 2011 Updated:
July 16, 2011
Disclaimer: Star Trek: Enterprise is the property of CBS/Paramount. All original material herein is the property of its author.
Spoilers: Through "Kir'Shara," plus references to storylines in "Daedalus" and "Demons/Terra Prime."
#11 in the Reconnecting Series. This is the PG-13 version.
I began this story thinking it would be short, five or six chapters tops. Honestly. But the characters kept suggesting things that I couldn't resist exploring, so I just rolled with it, and ended up with an epic, LOL. Pull up a comfy chair and your favorite beverage, and be prepared for a marathon.
Thanks to my lovely betas, slj91 and Ludjin.
1. Family Matters by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (2326 words)
2. Revelation by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (1525 words)
3. The Ridiculous and the Sublime by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 1] (2647 words)
4. Mood Swings by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 1] (3419 words)
5. Meet the Parents by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (1679 words)
6. Carpe Diem by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (3674 words)
7. The Simple Version by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (2969 words)
8. Facets by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (2787 words)
9. Memories by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (4200 words)
This chapter is for my dad.
10. Gifts by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (3789 words)
Thanks to pookha for her marvelous attention to detail, and for her inspirational musings about the crew of the good ship Enterprise.
Any James Garner fans out there? I named a character in this chapter after the character he played in "The Great Escape," one of my dad's favorite films.
11. Unresolved by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (6857 words)
I received terrific help for this chapter from Ligeia, who knows more about the engineering room of the NX-01 than I think the designers on the show did, and pookha, who gave me information and speculation and musings to my heart's content. Thankee, ladies.
Trip uses a phrase from one of my favorite comic strips ever, Gary Larson's The Far Side. It wouldn't surprise me at all if folks were still quoting that strip 150 years from now.
12. Finally by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 1] (5482 words)
Thanks again to pookha, for coming up with a "what-if" notion for a sketchy character and letting me gallop off with it. Also, thankee to Ligeia for more engineering know-how.
13. Let's Face the Music and Dance by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 1] (11927 words)
I thank pookha, tennisgirl, persianmouse, and the Vulcan Language Institute for help and inspiration with this chapter, and as always my betas Jenna, Stephanie, and TJinLOCA.
All lyrics are the property and copyright of their respective rights holders. No infringement is intended, nor is any profit sought from their inclusion herein.
Night and Day - Cole Porter
Blue Skies - Irving Berlin
Once Upon a Dream - lyrics by Sammy Fain and Jack Lawrence
The Other Side - David Gray
14. Touching Souls by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (6598 words)
Thanks to the Vulcan Language Institute and the Vulcan Language Dictionary for help with the lingo.
<< Dialogue within chevrons >> is inner-thought bond-speak.
15. Epilogue by HopefulRomantic [Reviews - 0] (2699 words)
Thanks again to pookha for character background ideas.