the delphic expanse

Hoshi/T'Pol Discussion

Girls gone wild.

Hoshi/T'Pol Discussion

Postby Mistress Euclid » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Inspired by the very intense Hoshi/T'Pol fic MU fic posted in the fic recs, I have decided to share a few thoughts on my MU story and the H/T stuff I'm doing - and maybe bounce some ideas off around.

My story is AT&T (of course, they are my OT3) but since sex is a weapon in the MU - there will be lots of screwing outside the main triad.

I'm seeing Hoshi as kind of a black widow. Her aggressive attack of T'Pol was part of her faux-siding with Archer. Now, she doesn't like T'Pol but she did see that T'Pol was loyal to Forrest and didn't like Archer - that's got to be at least interesting to her.

And MU Hoshi seduces people she needs for one reason or another - Forrest, Travis, Tucker (though we don't know the circumstances of that) and Archer.

So, in my story, the soon to be Empress Hoshi is going to take an interest in T'Pol, and the way she expresses it via seduction. And although she has a lot of hostility toward her, she also has a twisted affection for her marks - and that's going to show in the story.

And I also get to dream up the reasons she wound up with Tucker, too. The MU is going to be fun!
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby DevQ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Again, with my very limited understanding of Hoshi, I'd have to agree.

She definitely uses her sexuality as a weapon, and if she can get T'Pol with it, then I don't see what would be stopping her.

And of course, any excuse to get T'Pol and Hoshi together...
DevQ
Ensign

Postby Mistress Euclid » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:56 pm

Right. As Empress, Hoshi's going to need people who need her. Sparing T'Pol's life, seducing her - is a way of getting a powerful person under her sway. And I can see Hoshi deciding she likes T'Pol, after all, once she's hers. She's like a child who hates a toy when it belongs to someone else, but loves it once she has it in her grasp.

Of course, T'Pol is pretty astute - she'll play along for survival's sake, but Hoshi's achilles's heel might be over-confidence in her ability to emotionally sway those she seduces.
I have an AT&T avatar and you don't.
(Thanks to Misplaced!)
Mistress Euclid

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Her ego will stop her from realizing she's barking up the wrong tree with T'Pol, or something like that, right?
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Honeybee » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:01 pm

I think so. I mean, fresh of the success of duping Archer and "obtaining" Travis's loyalty, Hoshi's going to be feeling pretty good about her ability to control and manipulate her lovers.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Postby DevQ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Aquarius wrote:Her ego will stop her from realizing she's barking up the wrong tree with T'Pol, or something like that, right?

Yeah, let's go with that. ;)
DevQ
Ensign

Postby DevQ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Mistress Euclid wrote:Right. As Empress, Hoshi's going to need people who need her. Sparing T'Pol's life, seducing her - is a way of getting a powerful person under her sway. And I can see Hoshi deciding she likes T'Pol, after all, once she's hers. She's like a child who hates a toy when it belongs to someone else, but loves it once she has it in her grasp.

Of course, T'Pol is pretty astute - she'll play along for survival's sake, but Hoshi's achilles's heel might be over-confidence in her ability to emotionally sway those she seduces.

This may sound kinda weird, but since we're speculating:

I kinda got the impression that the Mirror Universe Hoshi didn't really enjoy sex. I mean, she enjoyed it, but that's not her reasoning behind engaging in it. She seemed to get her pleasure from controlling (maybe dominating?) someone by way of her seduction.

She wouldn't have sex with someone because she 'liked' them. She probably didn't have the ability to do that.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. :P
DevQ
Ensign

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:14 pm

I don't think that her using sex for gain like control over another person or protection or information would preclude her from enjoying the physicality of it. I think I'm on the same page as Mistress Euclid in that I like imagining that in her own dark, twisted way Hoshi thinks she cares for some of her conquests. I think she actually did love Forrest. Jon, she used. Probably Tucker, too. But that doesn't mean that she wasn't trying to get *everything* she could out of the situation, including the best sex she could possibly milk out of it.
Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby DevQ » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:17 pm

Aquarius wrote:I don't think that her using sex for gain like control over another person or protection or information would preclude her from enjoying the physicality of it. I think I'm on the same page as Mistress Euclid in that I like imagining that in her own dark, twisted way Hoshi thinks she cares for some of her conquests. I think she actually did love Forrest. Jon, she used. Probably Tucker, too. But that doesn't mean that she wasn't trying to get *everything* she could out of the situation, including the best sex she could possibly milk out of it.

Eh, maybe. I just think I've met MU Hoshi in a different body before. Maybe she does care, or thinks she cares.
DevQ
Ensign

Postby Honeybee » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Hoshi seemed to like, maybe even love, Forrest - after all he was offering her stability and protection and a potential happy home back in Brazil - and she was enraged when that was taken from her.

I don't think she likes anyone in the sense that a RU person would, but in her Black Widow way - she does think she likes some of her lovers.

And I definitely got the sense she enjoyed sex - it didn't look like she was faking it with Archer. In fact, I think she would get intense pleasure out of f-ing Archer right before killing him. That's one of the good things I saw in that fic DevQ recommended (non con stuff freaks me out het or slash) but the fact that being able to force T'pol turned her on - struck the right cord with me. But I think her motives are not at all pure - it's the power and control that turns her on - not affection or love or any specific act.

So, if she seduced T'Pol, it would be, as ME said, like a child obtaining the toy she was told she couldn't have. She'd like it for the sake of having it, until she got bored with it or something more entertaining or useful came along.
Honeybee
Site Admin

Next

Return to T'Pol and Hoshi, and Other Femslash (Slash)