the delphic expanse

Archer and Sato

By popular demand, discuss the captain and his communications officer here. MU? RU? It's all good.

Re: Archer and Sato

Postby Artisticmom2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Wow! I never noticed that. And of course, my A/S mind would work that deck change as part of an ongoing effort for no one to find out about them.... ;)
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby Kathy Rose » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:49 pm

So the thing about Jon and Hoshi having quarters on the same deck at the beginning of the series is bugging me, and the plot bunny won't go away, so I have succumbed and am trying to write a short story about it. Emphasis on "short."
Old enough to know better, but that's never stopped me before.
Kathy Rose
Captain

Postby Misplaced » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Artisticmom2 wrote:Wow! I never noticed that. And of course, my A/S mind would work that deck change as part of an ongoing effort for no one to find out about them.... ;)

This is exactly where my A/S mind went, too. ;)
Misplaced

Postby talyn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:44 pm

This has always been one of my favorite pairings on the show. While I was waiting for my account to get activated here I saw a comment a few pages back about the relative scarcity of Archer/Hoshi fan videos. There's a lot of fan fiction around and I've enjoyed most of it, so I never felt the need to write any of my own (though that could change if the right mood strikes) but I felt compelled to throw together a fan video for the couple as my first contribution. Let me know if it can't be seen for any reason. And of course all feedback is welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvUaVgxZwww
talyn
Ensign

Postby Cap'n Frances » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 pm

I never thought much about Archer and Sato as a couple. The barriers seemed too high. Now that I've watched your video, I may have to re-think that.

Frances
Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant

Postby bluetiger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:42 am

talyn, love the video! I do enjoy the Jon/Hoshi pairing and you did a great job with that song.

I hate that their only kiss was in the MU and involved murder :lol:
bluetiger

Postby talyn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Cap'n Frances wrote:I never thought much about Archer and Sato as a couple. The barriers seemed too high. Now that I've watched your video, I may have to re-think that.

Frances

Thank you! That's the highest compliment I could have asked for. And yeah, they face a lot of barriers in being together, but I'm a romantic at heart. Love conquers all, right? I mean, if it can't even on one of the most generally optimistic shows on TV, we're all in trouble. :)

bluetiger wrote:talyn, love the video! I do enjoy the Jon/Hoshi pairing and you did a great job with that song.

I hate that their only kiss was in the MU and involved murder :lol:

Thank you too! I love the song on its own so it was an easy choice, but I do think it's particularly applicable to Jon and Hoshi.

The mirror universe episodes are fun, but yeah a little too dark to be of much use. I originally had a couple clips from them in the video but after watching it once I decided to take them out, they just ran contrary to the theme of the video. Maybe I'll make another one that isn't so centered on their emotional connection, which would make the mirror universe clips stick out less. Because they did have a lot of chemistry there... a shame about how it ended, of course. :lol:

Thanks for all the comments so far! I like making videos so I'll probably make more for this and other pairings/themes as well. Any other comments can only make my future efforts better, so I appreciate any and all.
talyn
Ensign

Postby Artisticmom2 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Tayln that was a wonderful video! :clap
It was also good to see some activity on this thread. I, of course, think that this pairing is under developed in the show. But that just gives me a reason to write more fan fic!
Captain Archer: Do you know how to tell him to shut up?
Ensign Hoshi Sato: SHUT UP!
Artisticmom2
Captain

Postby talyn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Artisticmom2 wrote:Tayln that was a wonderful video! :clap
It was also good to see some activity on this thread. I, of course, think that this pairing is under developed in the show. But that just gives me a reason to write more fan fic!

Thank you!

I'd be happy to see this part of the site become more active too. I'll do my best to help with that. :)

There may not have been a lot of time on the show spent on their relationship, but over the four seasons there are just enough nice, little moments that build on one another and hint at more, which makes for fertile ground for fan fiction writers. I've enjoyed all of yours that I read in the archives. Maybe it's time I tried some of my own, as well. I think I've got enough material left for one more video at some point too.
talyn
Ensign

Previous

Return to Archer and Sato (Het)